|John and Martha Ramsey Page||John and Sarah Ramsey Page|
NEW!! NEW!! NEW!!
A group of RAMSEY/RAMSAY researchers have started a RAMSEY/RAMSAY DNA project.
The objectives of Surname Projects vary. Here are a few:
1.Andrew M. Ramsey was born about 1775, and died about 1846 in Cocke Co., Tennessee. He married Rhoda Calfee.
Children of Andrew Ramsey and Rhoda Calfee:
2. John Vardiman2 Ramsey, (Andrew M.1) was born about 1812 in Tennessee, and died Unknown. He married (1) Frances Inman. She was born about 1808 in Tennessee, and died before 1860 in Tennessee. He married (2) Mary Ann Clarkson May 18, 1853 in Grainger Co., TN. She was born 1829 in Tennessee, and died 1900 in Tennessee.
Notes for John Vardiman Ramsey:
Census Year 1850
Census Year: 1850 State: TN County: Jefferson District: 13th Enum/Date: 2nd day of September, 1850, by James Baker.
|PG#||LN#||DW#||FM#||Last Name||First Name||Age||Sex||Occup||Value||Birth||MRD.SCH.R/W DDB|
1860 Fed Census Deepwater Twp Henry Co MO, P.O. Clinton, pg 97 - Jul 18 1860 - D665:F665
|Ramsey||Thomas A.||20||M||-||TN||-||attends school|
|Ramsey||John L.||15||M||-||TN||-||attends school|
|Ramsey||Samuel N.||6||M||-||TN||-||attends school|
More about John Vardiman Ramsey:
Census 1: 1850, Jefferson Co. Tennessee
Census 2: 1860, Henry Co. Missouri
More about John Ramsey and Mary Clarkson:
Marriage: May 18, 1853, Grainger Co. Tennessee
Children of John Ramsey and Frances Inman:
Children of John Ramsey and Mary Clarkson:
3. John LaFayette3 Ramsey (John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born April 06, 1846 in Knoxville Tennessee, and died January 29, 1912 in Tecumseh, Nebraska. He married (1) Martha Ann Thompson Bailey. She died February 14, 1880. He married (2) Sarah Jane Ferguson October 08, 1880, daughter of Joel Ferguson and Elizabeth Shuee. She was born August 21, 1862 in Indianapolis, Indiana, and died August 15, 1946 in Tecumseh, Nebraska.
Notes for John LaFayette Ramsey:
John L. Ramsey was hard to find because his tombstone has his death as 1848, the Ramsey booklet showed 1847 and records found in MO regarding the birth of a child showed him to be born in 1846. The 1850 census table verify his birth to be 1846.
Henry County Missouri Birth Records 1883 to 1890
Ramsey, unnamed - female - b: May 24 1888, Hartwell - 4th child of Sarah Jane Ferguson - age: 26 - bca: 1862, IN - fth: John LaFayette - age: 42 - bca: 1846, TN - occ: farmer - att: Jane Gragg, Hartwell - reported by: J. M. Gragg, Hartwell - bk: 2, pg 219
John L. Ramsey was a Civil War Vet.
He had 19 children and one stepson, Sam Bailey
John L. Ramsey 1910 census in Johnson County, Nebraska.
Sarah Jane Ferguson 47 married 30 years born IN
Sarah and John had 9 children, 5 of whom lived at home. Their names and ages were (as best we could tell) Walter 19 or 14, Mattie or Hattie 13, Myrtle 11, Wauneta 7, Forrest 1.
Her mother, Elizabeth, was also born in Indiana. John was born in Tennessee, as were both of his parents.
Spring Creek Cemetery Tecumseh, Johnson Co. NE
|Ramsey||Alti A. (JA)||1||M||Nov 02 1879 - Feb 22 1920|
|Ramsey||Bertha M. (JA&AA)||1||M||Apr 18 1899 - Nov 28 1901|
|Ramsey||Carl N. (JA&AA)||1||M||Jan 08 1901 - Mar 17 1901|
|Ramsey||Eva L. (Wm)||5||F||1914 - 1916|
|Ramsey||George L.||5||F||1902 - 1964|
|Ramsey||Helen M. (JA&AA)||1||M||Jun 30 1902 - Feb 27 1920|
|Ramsey||Hilda B. (GL)||5||F||1900 - 1969|
|Ramsey||Infant Son (GL&HB)||1||M||Jan 25 1927 - Jan 25 1927|
|Ramsey||James A.||5||K||Oct 15 1872 - Feb 14 1948|
|Ramsey||John L.||5||K||Apr 06 1848 - Jan 29 1912|
|Ramsey||John P.||1||L||Feb 03 1876 - Oct 14 1943|
|Ramsey||Lola M. (JohnP&SC)||1||L||Mar 08 1902 - May 12 1902|
|Ramsey||Susie C. Foster (JP)||1||L||Mar 05 1883 - Jan 05 1940|
|Ramsey||Walter E VET||5||K||Jan 29 1891 - Oct 13 1918|
This family moved to Nebraska in 1891. They lived for 4 years somewhere south of here during that time. Source: obit for Walter Ramsey.
More About John LaFayette Ramsey:
Burial: Springcreek Cemetery Tecumseh, Nebraska
Census 1: 1850, Jefferson Co. Tennessee 13th district pg # 338A
Census 2: 1860, Deepwater Twp Henry Co MO pg# 97
Census 3: 1870, White Oak Township Henry Co. Missouri
Census 4: 1910, Johnson Co. NE
Military service: Civil War
Notes for Sarah Jane Ferguson:
From the Ramsey Booklet:
I can remember Grandmother Johnson in her kind way, church meetings were held in her home. She became a member of the Primitive Baptist Church early in life and her membership had been in the Cheney Church 54 years.
Her numerous posterity remember her as a beautiful Christian life, an example to them and her many friends. She bore her great suffering with much patience. Her every thought was for her family and her church.
Spring Creek Cemetery Johnson Co. NE
|Johnson||Joseph, (Sarah J) VET||5||K||Aug 24 1855 - Jan 29 1919|
|Johnson||Sarah J||5||K||1862 - 1946|
JL Ramsey - 1st husband
More about Sarah Jane Ferguson:
Religion: Primitive Baptist Church
More about John Ramsey and Sarah Ferguson:
Marriage: October 08, 1880
Children of John Ramsey and Martha Bailey:
Children of John Ramsey and Sarah Ferguson:
|Morrissey, Matthew||Nibbe, Claire G.||Stewart, Charles E.|
|Morrissey, James P.||Ramsey, Walter E.||Stevens, Ramond B.|
|Army Enlisted Casualties:|
|Behrends, George H.||Crab Orchard|
|Combs, Lloyd Wilber||Tecumseh|
|Davey, Michael Joseph||Tecumseh|
|Deen, Archie E.||Sterling|
|Gandee, Vane W.||Sterling|
|Hillard, Thomas E.||Vesta|
|Little, George V.||Crab Orchard|
|Miller, Harry S.||Tecumseh|
|Nelson, Clarence A.||Tecumseh|
|Ramsey, Walter E||Tecumseh|
|Sandusky, Harold T.||Sterling|
|Tracy, Victor Andrew||Elk Creek|
4. William Allen4 Ramsey (John LaFayette3, John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born May 23, 1879, and died January 20, 1936. He married Clara Laverna Supernaw December 23, 1920. She was born November 02, 1884, and died March 02, 1948.
More about William Ramsey and Clara Supernaw:
Marriage: December 23, 1920
Children of William Ramsey and Clara Supernaw:
5. Margaret Catherine4 Ramsey (John LaFayette3, John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born August 13, 1885 in Henry County MO, and died June 03, 1972 in Oregon City OR. She married Nathan James Stewart January 01, 1907 in Tecumseh, Nebraska, son of Isaac Stewart and Elizabeth Johnson. He was born May 23, 1880 in Osborne Kansas, and died February 08, 1976 in Springfield, Lane Co. OR.
Notes for Margaret Catherine Ramsey:
Margaret had a brain tumor which was operated on and removed, about 1950. Dr. Upjohn, the surgeon, knew they didn't have much money, both receiving "Old Age Pension", so he charged them only $25.00 for the surgery. She re-cooperated at home. Dr. Upjohn made house calls to check on her.
They lived in a basement apartment in Salem Oregon at that time and it flooded several times. While Margaret was re-cooperating, it flooded. The family had to bail the water out.
She worked in a cannery and as a housekeeper for a hospital in Salem for several years.
More about Margaret Catherine Ramsey:
Burial: Lane Memorial Gardens, Eugene Lane Co. Oregon
Obituary: Click Here
Education: Completed the fourth grade
Medical Information: Diabetes, Brain tumor in the 1950's
Notes for Nathan James Stewart:
See Biography: Click Here
From a newspaper clipping pasted in the back of Margaret Ramsey Stewarts bible:
Nathan J. Stewart, who lived north of Tecumseh, and Miss Margaret C. Ramsey of near Graf, were married by County Judge James Livingston in the courthouse on New Year's Day.
More about Nathan James Stewart
Burial: Lane Memorial Gardens, Eugene, Lane Co. Oregon
Obituary: Click Here
Census: 1910, Johnson County Nebraska
Medical Information: Diabetes
Marriage Notes for Margaret Ramsey and Nathan Stewart:
Marriage: January 01, 1907, Tecumseh, Nebraska
They were married for 65 years at the time of Margaret's death.
Children of Margaret Ramsey and Nathan Stewart:
6. Elizabeth4 Ramsey (John LaFayette3, John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born May 24, 1888 in Henry Co., MO. She married Daniel Andrew Kelly McDaniel April 21, 1905. He was born March 17, 1858.
Notes for Elizabeth Ramsey:
Henry County Missouri Birth Records 1883 to 1890
Ramsey, unnamed - female - b: May 24 1888, Hartwell - 4th child of Sarah Jane Ferguson - age: 26 -bca: 1862, IN - fth: John LaFayette - age: 42 - bca: 1846, TN - occ: farmer - att: Jane Gragg, Hartwell - reported by: J. M. Gragg, Hartwell - bk: 2, pg 219.
More about Daniel McDaniel and Elizabeth Ramsey:
Marriage: April 21, 1905
Children of Elizabeth Ramsey and Daniel McDaniel:
7. Grace4 Ramsey (John LaFayette3, John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born November 28, 1894. She married Arthur Mason December 23, 1909. He was born January 10, 1886.
Notes for Grace Ramsey:
From the Ramsey Booklet
Aunt Grace had the honor of a four generation picture: Sarah Johnson, Great grandmother; Grace, grandmother; Gertie Bomberger, great grandmother and Maude Bray, grandmother on her mother's side. Golden wedding Dec. 23, 1959 (if time permits) Aunt Grace was very helpful making This record.
More about Arthur Mason and Grace Ramsey:
Marriage: December 23, 1909
Children of Grace Ramsey and Arthur Mason:
8. Martha4 Ramsey (John LaFayette3, John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born June 21, 1896. She married Charles Mason.
Notes for Martha Ramsey:
From the Ramsey Booklet
Rev. Evelee and Rev. Genevie Mason conducted services at the Pilgrim Holiness Church in Tecumseh March 15. I had the privilege of attending it and meeting them. On April 1, 1959, they left for New Amsterdam, British Guiana, South America to become missionaries. In their new location they will be in charge of 11 Sunday Schools and 1 or 2 churches.
Children of Martha Ramsey and Charles Mason:
9. Wauneta Audra4 Ramsey (John LaFayette3, John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born August 11, 1902. She married Roll Mason.
Child of Wauneta Ramsey and Roll Mason:
10. Forrest4 Ramsey (John LaFayette3, John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born March 22, 1909. He married Bertha Carry.
Children of Forrest Ramsey and Bertha Carry:
11. Evelyn Martha5 Stewart (Margaret Catherine4 Ramsey, John LaFayette3, John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born February 18, 1912 in Tecumseh Nebraska, and died September 15, 2000 in Portland Oregon. She married Clarence Williams February 18, 1931. He died 1989.
More about Clarence Williams and Evelyn Stewart:
Marriage: February 18, 1931
Children of Evelyn Stewart and Clarence Williams:
12. Earl Calvin5 Stewart (Margaret Catherine4 Ramsey, John LaFayette3, John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born September 17, 1915 in Page Nebraska, and died March 17, 1998 in Oregon City, Oregon. He married Bessie Mae Johnson September 18, 1938. She was born December 1914 in Damonberg Nebraska, and died August 03, 1994 in Oregon City Oregon.
More about Earl Calvin Stewart:
Burial: March 20, 1998, Willamette Memorial Park, Albany, Oregon
More about Bessie Mae Johnson:
Burial: Willamette Memorial Park, Albany, Oregon
More about Earl Stewart and Bessie Johnson:
Marriage: September 18, 1938
Children of Earl Stewart and Bessie Johnson:
13. Lester James Stewart (Margaret Catherine4 Ramsey, John LaFayette3, John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born January 19, 1919 in Cook, Johnson Co. NE. He married Earmel Irene Case April 05, 1942 in Carthage, Missouri, daughter of James Case and Bertha Culton. She was born October 21, 1917 in Carthage, Jasper Co., MO, and died February 15, 2002 in Springfield Oregon.
Notes for Lester James Stewart:
Education: Eigth Grade Diploma
Medical Information: Osteoarthritis, Glucoma, Cataracts
Read Lester's Bio: Click Here
Notes for Earmel Irene Case:
Graduation: May 10, 1935, Duenweg Missouri
Medical Information: Diabetes, high blood pressure
Burial: February 19, 2002, Lane Memorial Gardens Eugene OR
Obituary: Click Here
Read Earmel's Bio: Click Here
Marriage Notes for Lester Stewart and Earmel Case:
Lester and Earmel met on a blind date in Jan 1942 and were married April 5 that year in a double wedding. He courted her on a Harley Motorcycle. He was working long hours at Camp Crowder in Neosho, MO and did not have time to cash his checks so he gave them to Erma to cash, even before they were married. They got their license in Newton Co. and were married in Jasper Co. Missouri.
Children of Lester Stewart and Earmel Case
14. Donna Bell5 Stewart (Margaret Catherine4 Ramsey, John LaFayette3, John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born February 04, 1923 in Cook Nebraska, and died November 17, 1992 in Portland Oregon. She married (1) James Edward Owens in Denver Colorado. She married (2) Robert Hulse May 18, 1945 in Salem Oregon. He was born October 19, 1920.
More about Donna Bell Stewart:
Burial: Sunset Hills Memorial Park
More about James Ownens and Donna Stewart:
Marriage: Denver Colorado
More about Robert Hulse and Donna Stewart:
Marriage: May 18, 1945, Salem Oregon
15. Elsie Venice5 McDaniel (Elizabeth4 Ramsey, John LaFayette3, John Vardiman2, Andrew M.1) was born January 09, 1906. She married Horace Thompson January 10, 1922. He was born July 10, 1900.
Notes for Horace Thompson:
Wayne, Donald, Ronald and Elizabeth Ann had the honor of being born on a farm homesteaded in 1866 by Nathaniel P. Smith. James Allen Thompson homesteaded in 1869 at Liberth Kansas.
On July 1, 1873 received the land grant. These were the children's great grandfathers.
More about Horace Thompson and Elsie McDaniel:
Marriage: January 10, 1922
Many thanks to Ken Davis for his contributions to the Ramsey and Ferguson research