Harrison's 1860 Trade Directory
Findern
Harrison's 1860 Trade Directory

FINDERN, township, chapelry and pleasant village, 5 miles S.W. by S. from Derby, extends around a green of about 1 rood.  The parish is intersected by the Trent and Mersey canal, and the Birmingham and Derby Railway.  The chapel, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure, with a low wooden turret and two bells; it is a chapel of ease to Mickleover; the Rev. George Fritchie is the curate.

GENTRY.
Boden, Thomas Wm., High Field Lodge
Manifold, Thomas Cook

TRADERS, &c.
Banks, George, farmer and butcher
Bates, Eliza, shopkeeper
Bromley, John, farmer
Brown, John, shoemaker and parish clerk
Camp, Richard, Greyhound
Cockeram, Francis, The Wheel
Coy, William, miller
Crowder, John, beer retailer
Dakin, Thomas, silk and velvet weaver
Earpe, Robert, farmer
Foster, Richard, farmer
Fowers, Francis, blacksmith
Garratt, George, shoemaker
Glover, John Jowett, farmer
Hodgkinson, John, farmer
Johnson, Samuel, stonemason and builder
Lovett, Isaac, collector of taxes
Midlain, George, farmer
Milnes, Thomas, farmer
Milnes, Thomas, jun., farmer
Page, Nathaniel, cowkeeper
Pigott, William, schoolmaster
Pigott, William, farmer
Platts, Francis, cowkeeper
Platts, John, wheelwright
Platts, Susannah, farmer
Ratcliffe, Thomas, farmer
Swan, William, wheelwright
Watson, Benjamin, butcher
Watson, Joseph, saddler
Watson, Thomas, beer retailer
Webb, William, shopkeeper
Whitmore, William, shopkeeper and baker
Wood, William, shopkeeper

CARRIER.
William Dicken, to Derby, Friday

Back to the Top
Return to the Findern Parish Page
Return to the Parish Index Page
Return to the South Derbyshire Genealogical Resource Page
This page last updated 3 April 2003 © Brett Payne All Rights Reserved