PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF SUMMIT HILL
(TODAY KNOWN AS THE FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF THE PANTHER VALLEY)
Founded in April 1839, the First Presbyterian Church of Summit Hill
was an off-shoot of the First Presbyterian Church of Mauch Chunk, many of its
early members having belonged to the Mauch Chunk Church. Both churches are considered daughter
churches of the 1st Presbyterian Church of Dunboe at Articlave, Co.
Derry, Northern Ireland, since many members had been members of that church
(and the 2nd Dunboe Presbyterian at Ballinrees) prior to their
emigration to America in the early to middle Nineteenth Century.
For a much more detailed history of the church and congregation,
By M. Diane Temples
For a short biography of the churches first permanent minister,
A short biography of Rev. Ashbel Green Harned
By Jack Sterling
The following pages are transcriptions from the original pages,
the transcription work done by researcher Dan Wilson.
1850 – 1857
These following sites were put online by researcher Dan Wilson. All are PDF files (Adobe Acrobat needed for
viewing) of the original scanned pages.
Some of these are large in size (especially the Session
Minutes) and will take time to download,
depending on your internet connection.
The file sizes are noted for each.
Baptisms 1.2 mb
Deaths 143 k
– 1839-1855 892 k
Minutes 11.2 mb
Research & Web Page