Publishers E. E. Lascelles Co.
PIPE, a Parish in the Hundred of Grimsworth, three miles N. from Hereford, containing with the Township of Lyde, in 1851, 180 inhabitants.
LYDE, a Township in the Parish of Pipe, and Hundred of Grimsworth, three-and-a-quarter miles W. from Hereford. Thomas Clark, Esq., is Lord of the Manor.
The Church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient building, with spire and four bells. The living is a Discharged Vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean and Chapter of Hereford, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £400 Royal Bounty, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The Rev. Thomas Gretton, Vicar; Mr. Thomas Dowding, Clerk and Sexton. Service - 11 a.m.
GENTRY, TRADES, FARMERS, ETC.
COOKE Mr. William., Moreton House
THOMAS Mr. James, Arundell Court, Upper Lyde
BOSLEY John, farmer, Lower Lyde Court
BURLTON Peter, farmer, Lower Lyde Court
CLESTON James, farmer
DAW Edward Shepheard, agricultural implement maker
DOWDING Thomas, Clerk and Sexton
EDWARDS Richard, farmer, Upper Lyde
GOODE James, farmer, Upper Lyde
JAY Wm., farmer, Highway House
OWENS Henry, blacksmith, and Clerk and Sexton of Moreton