The Crippen - Crippin Connection - Something Personal
The CRIPPEN - CRIPPIN Connection - Contents
A Personal Perspective
Yes, this is the page all about me, so please hit the browser ‘Back’ button, return to the Contents or indulge me by reading on!!
You will find that there is little logic to the sequence of paragraphs as they are mainly random jottings at present.
AND there is certainly NOT much about me!!
More to follow…………
- We’ve bought a boat – called Miss B’have. Moored on the Norfolk Broads, we had a first run out at the beginning of December ‘04
- Website Competition – Decided to enter the Guild of One-Name Studies Website Award – Need to review the site – again! Deadline 30th September 2002. Didn’t win or even get a mention………….
- Another US Visitor – To complete a holiday to Britain, Patrick and Suzanne Crippen from Ohio, USA met up with Brenda, my wife and myself for a very pleasant dinner during a very wet and windy June 2002. To reduce the shock I posted a photograph of us.
- FH Group Talk – Well I’ve done the presentation and talk which seemed to go OK; at least it generated various discussion points.
- Christmas & New Year, 2001/02 – Having volunteered to do a talk about the website to the Crawley Computer Centre of the Sussex Family History Group I thought I had better have a look at the site. This has led to a major review which will, I hope be ready for publication during January 2002.
- Wednesday, December 19, 2001 – I have decided to add some very old personal family photographs and a cartoon, given to my father on his birthday in 1949.
- Thursday, December 28, 2000 – During the summer of 2000 my US penfriend of 40 years, Gary, visited England with his family, wife Susan, daughter Sarah and son Robert. Among gifts that they brought was a letter that must have been one of the first I had written to him and it is published here for posterity…...everything has changed since then; address, handwriting, speling (some things never change!).
- Sunday, December 10, 2000 - When I first decided to start looking into my family background I had no idea that it would lead to a One-Name Study. My starting point was what I knew of my immediate family, which was scant. Both my parents had died before I started and I had only one Aunt on my mother’s side who would have knowledge of the CRIPPEN family as she had married my father’s brother. He too had died many years before I commenced my research.
Completely revised December 2001, this page was last updated Wednesday, December 29, 2004.