(plus sign before a number means information about that person is in next generation)
1. Daniel DAMUTH b. 28 Dec 1800, Lenox, Oneida Co. NY, occupation Farmer, m. in Oneida Co., NY, Phoebe ROOT, b. Cir 1803, NY, occupation Housewife, d. 22 Mar 1889, Koshkonong, buried: Lakeview?. Daniel died 15 Feb 1877, Ft. Atkinson, Jeff Co., WI, buried: Lakeview Cem.?. Moved to Ft. Atkinson in 1845 with family. Occupied a large (135 acres) farm SW of the city along Rock River (Rt. 26 and the C&NW RR intersect the property -- there is a cemetary in the Northeast corner). There is a likely connection to Polly Damuth who married a Josiah ROOT in Oneida Co., NY but that connection is uncertain. Hannah Damuth who married Chester MAY and among the first settlers of Jefferson Co., WI was Polly's sister.
Phoebe: Phoebe is possibly the sister or cousin of Josiah Root who married Polly Damuth who was, in turn, the sister of Hannah Damuth who married Chester MAY, the earliest settlers of Ft. Atkinson.
+ 2. i Truman b. Ca 1825.
+ 3. ii William b. 1 MAY 1825.
+ 4. iii Abraham b. CIR 1830.
5. iv Rhoda DAMUTH b. CIR 1833.
+ 6. v Sheldon b. 25 Apr 1834.
7. vi Nathaniel DAMUTH b. CIR 1837, Oneida Co., NY. His mother's obit says "Nathaniel of California."
+ 8. vii Emeline b. CIR 1839.
+ 9. viii Daniel b. CIR 1846.
2. Truman DAMUTH b. Ca 1825, Oneida Co., NY ?, m. 1 Jan 1846, in Boonville, Oneida Co., NY, Betsey SMITH, b. Ca 1825, Oneida Co., NY ?. Had a farm on lot #95 in 1875 map, Turin, NY (Boonville). Is this the same Truman who is listed as a survivor in an obituary as "Truman of New York"? Truman's family Bible is reported in Tree Talks, 1987. It is a small leap of logic to place this Truman in Daniel's family.
+ 10. i Edward b. 9 Mar 1847.
11. ii Royal T. DAMUTH b. 12 Aug 1848, Oneida Co., NY ?, m. 19 Oct 1882, Ida LEE.
12. iii Judson DAMUTH b. 19 Nov 1849, Oneida Co., NY, m. ?? May 1886, Alice PEEBLES.
13. iv Marriette DAMUTH b. 6 Apr 1851, Oneida Co., NY ?, m. 18 Oct 1870, Albert HIGBY.
14. v Augusta DAMUTH b. 11 Dec 1853, Oneida Co., NY, m. 20 Dec 1893, Michael HURLEY.
15. vi Susan E. DAMUTH b. 20 Oct 1857, Oneida Co., NY ?, m. 22 Sep 1880, Frank D. JEFFERSON.
16. vii Sarah J. DAMUTH b. 26 Dec 1860, Oneida Co., NY ?, m. 12 Mar 1889, Adelbert PARKHURST.
17. viii Julia F. DAMUTH b. 4 Apr 1865, Oneida Co., NY, m. 12
Oct 1887, Frank TSCHUME.
3. William DAMUTH b. 1 MAY 1825, Oneida Co., m. 15 MAY 1853, in Ft. A, Lucy NICHOLS, b. 10 May 1837, Oswego Co. NY, d. 16 Nov 1903, Ft. Atkinson, buried: Lakeview Cem ?. William died 9 DEC 1903, Jeff Co., WI.
Lucy: Lucy moved with her family to Racine in 1839. They then moved to Ft. A. in 1846. the Nichols family settled on the old Hummel Farm. She and her husband died 2 weeks apart. He went into a coma shortly after being told that his wife would soon die.
+ 18. i George H. b. CIR DEC 1854.
19. ii Owen DAMUTH b. CIR SEP 1866, Kansas, m. Beulah, b. CIR Dec 1876.
20. iii Truman DAMUTH d. Coleman SD ?.
21. iv Walter DAMUTH.
22. v Emily DAMUTH m. *UNKNOWN DAVIS. Emily died Milton
4. Abraham DAMUTH b. CIR 1830, Oneida Co., m. Sarah ROOT, b. New York State.
+ 23. i Henry b. 4 Jul 1858.
6. Sheldon DAMUTH b. 25 Apr 1834, Oneida Co., NY, m. CIR 1864, in Ft. A, Cynthia BINGHAM, b. 20 Mar 1845, d. 12 Nov 1933, Koshkonong, buried: Lake View Cem. Sheldon died 23 FEB 1900, Ft. Atk. Sheldon came with parents to Ft. Atkinson in 1845. In 1854 he went with "many other young men" to CA "by the overland route" (JCU OBIT) but returned and married Cynthia BINGHAM who was born in MI.
+ 24. i Ida b. CIR 1860.
25. ii Frederick DAMUTH b. CIR 1867, WI, m. 20 Jun 1894, in Ft. A, Stella BROWN, b. CIR 1872, d. CIR 1951, Ft. A., buried: Lakeview.
26. iii Horace DAMUTH b. CIR 1869, WI.
+ 27. iv Ephraim B. b. CIR 1870.
28. v Ned DAMUTH b. CIR 1874, WI, d. CIR 1944, WI, buried: Milton Junction?.
29. vi Harry DAMUTH b. 17 JUN 1881, WI, d. 17 FEB 1881, WI.
30. vii Louis DAMUTH b. 3 NOV 1882, WI.
8. Emeline DAMUTH b. CIR 1839, m. William LUCE, b. 1 MAY 1825.
31. i Dan LUCE.
9. Daniel DAMUTH b. CIR 1846, Oakland, WI, m. 20 NOV 1879, in Jeff Co., WI, Lenora SMITH, b. 1 NOV 1856, Columbia WI, occupation Housewife, d. CIR 1911, Jeff Co. Daniel died CIR 1911, WI.
32. i Pearl DAMUTH b. CIR 1881, d. CIR 1972.
+ 33. ii Grace.
+ 34. iii Flora b. CIR 1884.
+ 35. iv Merril S. b. CIR 1886.
+ 36. v Lenora b. CIR 1892.
37. vi Daniel Fennemore DAMUTH b. CIR 1894, m. Margaret (divorced).
10. Edward DAMUTH b. 9 Mar 1847, Boonville, Oneida Co., NY, m. 18 Oct 1870, Alida SHEPHERD. Edward died 6 May 1918, Boonville, Lewis Co., NY.
38. i Grover H. DAMUTH b. Ca 1883, m. Wilhelmina WILLISTON,
b. Ca 1883, d. 11 Mar 1939. Grover died 8 Aug 1945, Boonville, Lewis Co.,
NY. At this writing, we only know of Grover because of cemetary records
and we place him in Edward's family because he and his wife are buried
with Edward and Elida.
18. George H. DAMUTH b. CIR DEC 1854, Missouri, m. CIR 1894, in Ft. A, Jessie ATWOOD, b. CIR JUL 1864, Broadhead, WI, d. CIR 1949, Ft. A. George died 14 Sep 1935, Ft. A. Jessie: Her father, James, was in Civil War. Betty Anton has souvenirs.
39. i Blanche DAMUTH b. 6 Jul 1884, m. Aim GREUNWALD.
40. ii LaRue A. DAMUTH b. 8 JUL 1895, m. Helen C., b. 24 Dec 1902. LaRue died 17 Jun 1959, Ft. A.
41. iii Lakin Atwood DAMUTH b. CIR 1896, Ft. A.
23. Henry DAMUTH b. 4 Jul 1858, Jeff Co., WI, occupation Restaurant Owner, m. Nellie BATES, b. 17 May 1861, Oshkosh (acc to her funeral certificate), occupation HW, d. 22 May 1941, Oshkosh, buried: 24 May 1941, Riverside. Henry died 25 Sep 1942, Oshkosh WI (Konrad-Behlman), buried: 27 Sep 1942, Riverside Cemetary.
42. i Marguerite DAMUTH b. CIR MAY 1886.
43. ii Marlea J. DAMUTH b. CIR JUN 1892.
44. iii Beverly Alrich DAMUTH b. CIR FEB 1896, m. *UNKOWN.
24. Ida DAMUTH b. CIR 1860, WI, m. 10 Aug 1881, Charles SNOVER.
45. i Hazel SNOVER m. Jacob BRANDEL.
46. ii Fred SNOVER m. (1) Frieda, m. (2) Janet.
27. Ephraim B. DAMUTH b. CIR 1870, WI, m. 7 Nov 1894, Anna HOFFMAN. Ephraim buried: Helensville ?.
47. i Warner DAMUTH.
33. Grace DAMUTH m. Walter HARVEY.
48. i Sheldon HARVEY m. Helen RICHARDS.
34. Flora DAMUTH b. CIR 1884, m. Walter DALTON, b. CIR 1877, d. CIR 1960. Flora died CIR 1976.
49. i Anita DALTON b. CIR 1913, m. Eldon BARDEN.
35. Merril S. DAMUTH b. CIR 1886, m. Mabel, b. CIR 1889, d. CIR 1953. Merril died CIR 1946.
50. i Norma DAMUTH m. *UNKOWN MONOGUE.
36. Lenora DAMUTH b. CIR 1892, m. Arthur DAHLBERG.
51. i Dale Arthur DAHLBERG b. CIR 1919.
52. ii Leola DAHLBERG b. CIR 1923.