1Reuben Hyde Walworth, Hyde Genealogy; or the Descendants, in the Female as Well as in the Male Lines, from William Hyde, of Norwich, Vol. I, pp. 3-4 (1864).
"II. SAMUEL HYDE (2), born at Hartford, Conn., about 1637, only son of the first William Hyde of Norwich, m. in June, 1659, Jane Lee of East Saybrook (now Lyme). She was the dau. of Thomas Lee and ------ Brown, his wife.
[This Thomas Lee came from England in 1641, with his wife and three children. He d. on the passage; and his widow and three children came to Saybrook. The first Thomas Lee of Lyme was a brother of Jane, wife of this Samuel Hyde. And Sarah Lee, who m. John Large of Lyme, and settled on Long Island, was their sister.]
Samuel Hyde (2) and his wife came to Norwich in 160. Their eldest dau., Elizabeth, born in August of that year, was the first white child born in Norwich. He was a farmer, and had lands assigned to him in Norwich West Farms, whe he d. in 1677, at the age of 40 years. And John Birchard became the guardian of his children, who were all minors at that time. The date of his wife's death is not ascertained.
Their children were:
4. Samuel, b. in May, 1665, at Norwich, m. Elizabeth Calkins.†
5. John, b. in Dec., 1667, at Norwich, m. Experience Abel.†
6. William, b. in Jan., 1670, at Norwich, m. Anne Bushnell.†
7. Thomas, b. in July, 1672, at Norwich, m. Mary Backus.†
8. Jabez, b. in May, 1677, at Norwich, m. Elizabeth Bushnell.†
9. Elizabeth, b. in Aug., 1660, at Norwich, m. Lieut. Richard Lord.†
10. Phebe, b. in Jan., 1663, at Norwich, m. Matthew Griswold.†
11. Sarah, b. in Feb., 1675, d. the same year.".