Paternal Line of Robin Bellamy - pyan324 - Generated by Personal Ancestral File

Piatt/Pyatt/Peyatte of all spellings

Notes


Nancy Hamrick

[millie.FTW]

Nancy died at age of 22 years.

[millie.FTW]

Nancy died at age of 22 years.


Nancy Hamrick

[millie.FTW]

Nancy died at age of 22 years.

[millie.FTW]

Nancy died at age of 22 years.


Benjamin Hamrick III

Notes from Roots and Wings by Leslie Hamrick:
Benjamin Hamrick, son of Benjamin and Nancy (McMillian) Hamrick, was born Feb. 10, 1782, in Fauquier Co., Va. The place of his father's residence was then near what is now Warrenton, Virginia. He moved to Greenbrier Co., VA. (WV), with his parents about 1785, when that section of the state was wilderness, inhabited by hostile Indians. The exact time Benjamin Hamrick's father and mother moved to Kanawha County is not known. It is thought to be 1810. His father was granted land in what is now Braxton County, West Virginia and made the family home there on Frame's Run, a tributary of Strange Creek.
In 1811, Benjamin and his brother, William left Frame's Run and the home of his father and mother. Benjamin and William traveled to Nicholas County. Benjamin married Nancy Agnes Gregory, daughter of Colonel Isaac, and Sarah (Given) Gregory on April 19, 1811. The ceremony was performed in Col. Gregory's home by Edwin Hughes, a Baptist minister, and was recorded on the books of the Clerk of the County Court, Kanawha County.
Benjamin Hamrick acquired a 146 acre tract of land along Miller's Bottom from his father-in-law, Col. Isaac Gregory, for one dollar. Benjamin had been clearing the land and had already built his home on the land in 1814. Benjamin's deed was made on October 5, 1822.
Benjamin and Nancy Agnes' home was a large two-story log structure, about fifteen by thiry feet, with stone chimneys at each end. the old house no longer exists.
Benjamin enlisted in the Army on September 3, 1814 for service in what would be called "The Ward of 1812." He traveded to Beverly in Randolph County, then to Lewisburg and on to Norfolk, Virginia where he served in Captain Wamsley's Company of Virginia Militia. He was discharged from Service on January 27, 1815 at Fort Nelson, Norfolk, VA. He had to walk four hundred ninety miles to his home in Webster County.
Benjamin Hamrick and his family were always active in the social, religious, and political life of Webster County. Benjamin and his brother, William, and James Dodrill built the first schoolhouse in the county and hired the first teacher, Benoni Griffin.
In 1830, Benjamin, his brother William, and their sons began construction of their lagrest structure, a barn. The barn was built in two stories, the lower for horses and cattle and the upper level a hay loft. The original barn measured twenty-three by twenty-five feet. In the year 1833, an itinerant minister from Jackson County, Rev. Addison Hite, began holding religious services in the loft area of the Hamrick barn. Methodist services were held in the barn loft until the Pleasant Grove church was built in 1845.
Benjamin Hamrick died June 12, 1863 in the home he had built in 1812. He is buried in the same cemetery in which his father, Benjamin Hamrick of the American Revolution, was buried in 1842. Nancy Agnes (Gregory) Hamrick died in 1873


Other Notes:

In 1812, Benjamin came to what is now Webster Co., WV, and built his home on the north side of the Elk River, (now present day Curtin), five miles above Webster Springs, then called Fork Lick. This historic home, was a large two-story substantial log home building, about 30 by 15 feet, with a large stone chimney at each end, and a porch along one side. It sat on the crest of a small hill surrounded by lower sloping surface land. A pioneer in that sparely settled section of WV, he owned a large tract of land adjoining that of his brother, William Hamrick, the noted hunter, who settled in the same locality the same year.
WAR OF 1812...On Sept. 3, 1814, Benjamin Hamrick enlisted in the War of 1812 at Beverly, Randolph Co., VA. He went to Lewisburg, and from there to Norfolk, Va., where he served in Captain Wamsley's Company of Virginia Militia. He was discharged Jan. 27, 1815, at Fort Nelson, Norfolk, Va. He walked from Norfolk to his home a distance of 490 miles.
In 1841, a petition was signed by Benjamin Hamrick, two of his sons, his brother, William, and three other citizens requesting the General Assembly of VA. to change the boundary lines of Braxton, Nicholas, and Randolph counties, to make the citizens of what is now Webster Co., subject to the jurisdiction of Nicholas Co. The request was granted.
Seven years later, in 1848, a movement began for the purpose of having a new county created out of parts of Nicholas, Braxton, and Randolph counties. After certain preliminary notices had been posted, the election was held in the autumn of 1851. Nineteen votes were cast, all in favor of the new county.
Benjamin was one of the voters, and his son Addison Hamrick, was acting clerk. This was the first election ever held in what is now Webster Springs.
In 1859, Benjamin Hamrick, joined with his sons and grandsons and many other interested citizens, in a petition which was presented to the VA. General Assembly, in Dec. of the same year, requesting that a new county be created from Nicholas, Braxton, and Randolph counties. The General Assembly passed the Act creating Webster county, Jan. 10 1860.
THE FIRST SCHOOL HOUSE...In 1835, Benjamin Hamrick, his brother, William, and James Dodrill erected the first school house in Webster county. The building was made of logs with a large wood, stone and clay chimney at one end, it was heated by means of an open fireplace.
FIRST CHURCH ORGANIZATION...the first church organization in Webster Co., of which there is any record, took place about the year 1834, at a meeting in a barn erected by Benjamin Hamrick, on his farm in the Elk River Valley. This organization was affected by Addison Hite, who was the first Methodist minister to preach in Webster County. He preached his first sermon in the Hamrick Barn in 1833. This was believed to be the first religious services held in the county. This barn is still standing and can be seen along Bergoo Road in Webster County.
Benjamin Hamrick died June 12, 1863, at the home he built in 1812. He is buried in the cemetery where his father, Benjamin Hamrick, the soldier and pioneer settler is buried. It is located along Bergoo Road in Webster County, but is not easily found. There are two tombstones for Benjamin...one is hand cut and hand engraved river rock, and the other is a War Dept. tome stone for service in the war of 1812. The inscription on the War Dept. tombstone is as follows; Benjamin Hamrick, Pvt. 5 Regt., Va. Mil., War of 1812. Many of his descendants reside in Webster, Randolph, Braxton, Nicholas and Pocahontas counties.

1860 Sandrun P.O.
Webster Co., WV Census

895 / 15-15 / Benjamin HAMRICK / 77 M W Cooper - 100 Loudon, VA / Nancy Hamrick 68 F Wife of the above Bath, VA

Notes from Roots and Wings by Leslie Hamrick:
Benjamin Hamrick, son of Benjamin and Nancy (McMillian) Hamrick, was born Feb. 10, 1782, in Fauquier Co., Va. The place of his father's residence was then near what is now Warrenton, Virginia. He moved to Greenbrier Co., VA. (WV), with his parents about 1785, when that section of the state was wilderness, inhabited by hostile Indians. The exact time Benjamin Hamrick's father and mother moved to Kanawha County is not known. It is thought to be 1810. His father was granted land in what is now Braxton County, West Virginia and made the family home there on Frame's Run, a tributary of Strange Creek.
In 1811, Benjamin and his brother, William left Frame's Run and the home of his father and mother. Benjamin and William traveled to Nicholas County. Benjamin married Nancy Agnes Gregory, daughter of Colonel Isaac, and Sarah (Given) Gregory on April 19, 1811. The ceremony was performed in Col. Gregory's home by Edwin Hughes, a Baptist minister, and was recorded on the books of the Clerk of the County Court, Kanawha County.
Benjamin Hamrick acquired a 146 acre tract of land along Miller's Bottom from his father-in-law, Col. Isaac Gregory, for one dollar. Benjamin had been clearing the land and had already built his home on the land in 1814. Benjamin's deed was made on October 5, 1822.
Benjamin and Nancy Agnes' home was a large two-story log structure, about fifteen by thiry feet, with stone chimneys at each end. the old house no longer exists.
Benjamin enlisted in the Army on September 3, 1814 for service in what would be called "The Ward of 1812." He traveded to Beverly in Randolph County, then to Lewisburg and on to Norfolk, Virginia where he served in Captain Wamsley's Company of Virginia Militia. He was discharged from Service on January 27, 1815 at Fort Nelson, Norfolk, VA. He had to walk four hundred ninety miles to his home in Webster County.
Benjamin Hamrick and his family were always active in the social, religious, and political life of Webster County. Benjamin and his brother, William, and James Dodrill built the first schoolhouse in the county and hired the first teacher, Benoni Griffin.
In 1830, Benjamin, his brother William, and their sons began construction of their lagrest structure, a barn. The barn was built in two stories, the lower for horses and cattle and the upper level a hay loft. The original barn measured twenty-three by twenty-five feet. In the year 1833, an itinerant minister from Jackson County, Rev. Addison Hite, began holding religious services in the loft area of the Hamrick barn. Methodist services were held in the barn loft until the Pleasant Grove church was built in 1845.
Benjamin Hamrick died June 12, 1863 in the home he had built in 1812. He is buried in the same cemetery in which his father, Benjamin Hamrick of the American Revolution, was buried in 1842. Nancy Agnes (Gregory) Hamrick died in 1873


Other Notes:

In 1812, Benjamin came to what is now Webster Co., WV, and built his home on the north side of the Elk River, (now present day Curtin), five miles above Webster Springs, then called Fork Lick. This historic home, was a large two-story substantial log home building, about 30 by 15 feet, with a large stone chimney at each end, and a porch along one side. It sat on the crest of a small hill surrounded by lower sloping surface land. A pioneer in that sparely settled section of WV, he owned a large tract of land adjoining that of his brother, William Hamrick, the noted hunter, who settled in the same locality the same year.
WAR OF 1812...On Sept. 3, 1814, Benjamin Hamrick enlisted in the War of 1812 at Beverly, Randolph Co., VA. He went to Lewisburg, and from there to Norfolk, Va., where he served in Captain Wamsley's Company of Virginia Militia. He was discharged Jan. 27, 1815, at Fort Nelson, Norfolk, Va. He walked from Norfolk to his home a distance of 490 miles.
In 1841, a petition was signed by Benjamin Hamrick, two of his sons, his brother, William, and three other citizens requesting the General Assembly of VA. to change the boundary lines of Braxton, Nicholas, and Randolph counties, to make the citizens of what is now Webster Co., subject to the jurisdiction of Nicholas Co. The request was granted.
Seven years later, in 1848, a movement began for the purpose of having a new county created out of parts of Nicholas, Braxton, and Randolph counties. After certain preliminary notices had been posted, the election was held in the autumn of 1851. Nineteen votes were cast, all in favor of the new county.
Benjamin was one of the voters, and his son Addison Hamrick, was acting clerk. This was the first election ever held in what is now Webster Springs.
In 1859, Benjamin Hamrick, joined with his sons and grandsons and many other interested citizens, in a petition which was presented to the VA. General Assembly, in Dec. of the same year, requesting that a new county be created from Nicholas, Braxton, and Randolph counties. The General Assembly passed the Act creating Webster county, Jan. 10 1860.
THE FIRST SCHOOL HOUSE...In 1835, Benjamin Hamrick, his brother, William, and James Dodrill erected the first school house in Webster county. The building was made of logs with a large wood, stone and clay chimney at one end, it was heated by means of an open fireplace.
FIRST CHURCH ORGANIZATION...the first church organization in Webster Co., of which there is any record, took place about the year 1834, at a meeting in a barn erected by Benjamin Hamrick, on his farm in the Elk River Valley. This organization was affected by Addison Hite, who was the first Methodist minister to preach in Webster County. He preached his first sermon in the Hamrick Barn in 1833. This was believed to be the first religious services held in the county. This barn is still standing and can be seen along Bergoo Road in Webster County.
Benjamin Hamrick died June 12, 1863, at the home he built in 1812. He is buried in the cemetery where his father, Benjamin Hamrick, the soldier and pioneer settler is buried. It is located along Bergoo Road in Webster County, but is not easily found. There are two tombstones for Benjamin...one is hand cut and hand engraved river rock, and the other is a War Dept. tome stone for service in the war of 1812. The inscription on the War Dept. tombstone is as follows; Benjamin Hamrick, Pvt. 5 Regt., Va. Mil., War of 1812. Many of his descendants reside in Webster, Randolph, Braxton, Nicholas and Pocahontas counties.

1860 Sandrun P.O.
Webster Co., WV Census

895 / 15-15 / Benjamin HAMRICK / 77 M W Cooper - 100 Loudon, VA / Nancy Hamrick 68 F Wife of the above Bath, VA


Andrew Spencer

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 28, 2002

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 28, 2002


Thomas Jr Spencer

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999
2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999
2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999


Elizabeth Perkins

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999


[S.W.HamrickandMavisLopes022802.FTW]

[evanderspencer.ged]

[Barron.FBK]

[barron.ged] [Brøderbund WFT Vol. 10, Ed. 1, Tree #3881, Date of Import : Sep 11, 1999] Most of this information on the Spencers came from Bobbi re searching her ggggrandfather, Andrew. 1997

[S.W.HamrickandMavisLopes022802.FTW]

[evanderspencer.ged]

[Barron.FBK]

[barron.ged] [Brøderbund WFT Vol. 10, Ed. 1, Tree #3881, Date of Import : Sep 11, 1999] Most of this information on the Spencers came from Bobbi re searching her ggggrandfather, Andrew. 1997

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999


Nancy Spencer

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999


Samuel Spencer

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999


Abraham Spencer

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999


Thomas Jr Spencer

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999
2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999
2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999


Thomas Jr Spencer

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999
2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999
2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999


Mary Morrow

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999

2 SOUR S04142
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Feb 3, 2002
2 SOUR S04168
3 DATA
4 TEXT Date of Import: Oct 14, 1999