Italian Stone Pines
Planted in 1940, and have an estimated value in excess of 3 million dollars. They are considered to be the largest grove of Italian Stone Pines outside of the Mediterranean. You can visit and enjoy a stroll to take in their beauty and shaded path. The pines are located on South H Street between Cypress and Locust Avenues. The trees are native to the Mediterranean region. Their cones produce edible pine nuts used commonly in gourmet cooking. They have been classified as one of the healthest and most beautiful stands of Stone Pines in the world and have been featured in a European book on famous trees of the world.
The building housing the Lompoc Museum, was built in 1910. It was one of 1679 libraries in 141 communities gifted by the Carnegie Corporation from 1886-1919. The building served as the Lompoc Library from 1910 - 1969; then became the home of the Lompoc Museum. Lompoc's old Carnegie building is now an historical and archeological museum. It was designated Lompoc Historical Landmark No. 1 and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. North Tonawanda just happens to have one too - take a look at the NY page - click right here.
The Fabing-McKay-Spanne House at 207 North L Street houses the Lompoc Valley Historical Society. The historic Victorian home was constructed in 1875 and was the first two story wooden residence in Lompoc. The Society purchased the home in 1966 and has fully renovated and furnished it in the style of the early 1900's. Also on the property is a blacksmith shop, reference library, museum room, gift shop and carriage house. The home is fully furnished in the style of the early 1900's. Upon entering the home it is like taking a step back through time. Local families who wished their treasures to be preserved and kept have donated them though the years.
Artesia School - Dad was enrolled as a student.
LOMPOC - FAMOUS FOR ITS FLOWERS 'ROUND THE WORLD
all pictures taken by Jim or Theresa