F, b. circa 1760
|Birth*||circa 1760||Louisa (?) was born circa 1760.1 |
|Marriage*||circa 1790||She married James Caffrey circa 1790 at New Jersey. |
|Married Name||circa 1790|| As of circa 1790,her married name was Caffrey. |
- [S106] Death Certificate, Death certificate of Rebecca Venable, New Jersey State Archives microfilm, 1881-82-10-V53, reel#33. Rebecca Venable, age 87, white,formerly farmer's wife, born NJ, last residence Evesham, Burlington Co., NJ. Father's name James Caffrey, mother's name Louisa Caffrey both born in US. Dat eof death Dec. 15, 1881. Medical attendant L. L. Sharp. Undertaker Samuel Jones, Moorestown. Place of burial Friends Burying Ground Cropwell, NJ.
Louisa M. (?)1
F, b. 1838
|Birth*||1838||Louisa M. (?) was born in 1838 at Pennsylvania.1 |
|Marriage*||circa 1858||She married Thomas L. Conley circa 1858.1 |
|Married Name||circa 1858|| As of circa 1858,her married name was Conley.1 |
- [S52] 1870 US Federal Census Record, Jas. Cousland household, 1870 US Federal Census, population schedule, Ward 2 District 4, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Roll M593_1388, Page 28, 291/402. Jas. Cousland, 40, M, clerk marine barracks, born Scotland, Eliz. C. Cousland, F, 34, wife at home, born Penna, Wellington, Eliz C., F, 16, at home, born New Jersey. Note that on the same page (293/404) is the Thomas Conley household, Thos. L. Conley, M ,32, sail maker, Louisa M., F, 31, wife at home, Jas. H.?, M, 11, George W., M, 7, Ella C., F, 5, Jane L., F, 2. All in this household born in Penna. Seems quite likely these as relatives of Eliz. Wellington's.
- [S52] 1870 US Federal Census Record, Thomas Conley household, 1870 US Federal Census, population schedule, Ward 2 District 4, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Roll M593_1388, Page 28, 293/404. Thos. L. Conley, M, 32, sail maker, Louisa M., F, 31, wife at home, Jas. H.?, M, 11, George W., M, 7, Ella C., F, 5, Jane L., F, 2. All in this household born in Penna.
Seems quite likely these as relatives of Eliz. Wellington's. Elizabeth lives two houses away at 291/402. Jas. Cousland, 40, M, clerk marine barracks, born Scotland, Eliz. C. Cousland, F, 34, wife at home, born Penna, Wellington, Eliz C., F, 16, at home, born New Jersey.
- [S52] 1870 US Federal Census Record, Thomas Conley household, 1870 US Federal Census, population schedule, second enumeration, Ward 2 District 4, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Roll M593_1416, Page 698, 1222 Lancaster St., West side.
|Marriage*||Lucy (?) married Samuel Davis. |
|Death*||Lucy (?) died; Y. |
|Married Name||Her married name was Davis. |
|Note*|| (an unknown value).1 |
|Married Name||Her married name was Lydia Lippincott. |
- [S34] Unknown author, Salem County (NJ) Marriages, Pilesgrove Friends Meeting records.
- [S181] Gloucester Co NJ Deeds on microfilm: Gloucester County Deed Book G pg. 14-17 dated March 11 1800 recorded 14 May 1803
Indenture William Holmes and wife Lydia, Deptford Twp., Gloucester Co. and William Howey of Woolwich Twp., Gloucester Co., For 2000 pounds. Two tracts in Deptford, Gloucester Co. First tract abuts Hillmans land, Joseph Clement, Abel Clement, Timber Creek, Allmanysing Branch, Edward Lucas, former land of William Lucas. 87 acres, second tract 91 acres.
Signed and sealed by William Holmes his X mark and wife Lydia her X mark. Witnesses Thomas Redman and Thomas Redman Jnr.
F, b. circa 1760
- [S162] Unknown author, Web Page, www.burklowfamily.com/bartlow/BarkM1.html 12/26/2002.
- [S162] Unknown author, Web Page, www.burklowfamily.com/bartlow/CenRev1.html 12/26/2002.
- [S38] Individual contact, e-mail from Barbara McCormick shared by Val Caulfield.
From: Barbara McCormick
To: Valerie N.Caulfield
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 12:03 PM
Subject: Barkelow, Barcklow, Barcalow, Barkeloo, and many others!!!!
Haven't done tooo much on this family, but I wanted to let you know what I did find....
Charles Phillips, b. 1829 Pa (1870 & 1880 Census for 18th Ward in Philly), Kate, b. 1831 in NJ, Samuel, b. 1857 in Pa, and Kate, b. 1864 in Pa. Charles had a brother, George, b. 1830 in Pa. (he was with the family on the 1880 Census). Charles was a ship carpenter and George was an umbrella maker.
Now to the Barkelow's and their many spellings!!! Samuel (the father of Ruhema) was b. 1807 in Pa. and died abt. 1867 in Philly. He was married to Rhoda (b. 1810 in NJ, d. 8 Dec 1882 in Philly). Rhoda appears on the 1870 and 1880 Census with Charles and Kate. Samuel's parent's were Samuel (b. 1758 in Monmouth County, NJ) and Lydia (b. abt. 1765). They also had a son, Elisha, b. 1794 in Monmouth County, NJ and d. 1855 in Burlington County, NJ. Elisha was married to Amy Radford (b. 1794, d. 1862). Samuel's parent's were William Barkelow (d. 8 Aug 1766 in Monmouth County) and Aeltje Williamson (b. abt. 1714). William's parent's were Dirck Barkeloo (b. abt. 1675 in the Netherlands, d. Monmouth County) and Jannetje Van Arsdale (b. abt 1689 in Kings County, NY). I went back one more generation to Dirck's parent's and his momma was a Covenhoven (present day Conover's)........so I'm sure there is more connections to her family.
That's all for now........race coming on shortly....
M. M (?)
|Note*|| (an unknown value).1 |
- [S101] Unknown author, International Genealogical Index.
- [S38] Individual contact, Andy Howey e-mail 10 May 2010.
- [S343] Peter Stebbins Craig, 1693 Census of the Swedes on the Delaware, p. 113.
- [S343] Peter Stebbins Craig, 1693 Census of the Swedes on the Delaware, p. 114 as named in will of Cornelius Vandeveer.
F, b. 1881
|Birth*||1881||Mamie (?) was born in 1881 at Delaware.1 |
|Marriage*||circa 1900||She married (?) Magee circa 1900.2 |
|Marriage*||circa 8 July 1907||Mamie (?) married Robert Howey circa 8 July 1907; Note in Philadelphia Inquirer July 8, 1907 page 15 bottom of far right column: "Mrs. Mary Magee, 25 years old, of 2317 South Franklin Street, will marry Robert Howey, also 25 years old, of 2058 Vine Street. she lost her first husband when she was 19 years old."1,3,2 |
|Name Variation|| Mamie (?) was also known as Mary (?).2 |
|Name Variation|| Mamie (?) was also known as Mary Magee.3 |
|Married Name||circa 1905|| As of circa 1905,her married name was Howey.1 |
- [S60] 1910 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com 1910 Pennsylvania Census Miracode Index, Robert Howey household, Philadelphia, PA, ED 0014, Visit 159, Robert Howey, 26, born PA, wife Mamie, 29, born DE.
- [S61] Newspaper notice, Note in Philadelphia Inquirer July 8, 1907 page 15 bottom of far right column: "Mrs. Mary Magee, 25 years old, of 2317 South Franklin Street, will marry Robert Howey, also 25 years old, of 2058 Vine Street. she lost her first husband when she was 19 years old."
- [S547] FamilySearch Record Search, online www.familysearch.com, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Marriage Indexes, 1885-1951
Groom's Name Robert Howey
Bride's Name Magee
Marriage License Year 1907
License Number 215896
Image Number 00347
Digital Folder Number 4140435
Groom's Name Howey
Bride's Name Mary Magee
Marriage License Year 1907
License Number 215896
Image Number 00030
Digital Folder Number 4141877.
|Married Name||Her married name was Montague. |
F, b. between 1714 and 1715, d. 5 December 1737
|Birth*||between 1714 and 1715||Margaret (?) was born between 1714 and 1715; based on age at death.1 |
|Marriage*||circa 1735||She married Joseph Howey, son of (?) Howey, circa 1735 at Abington, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.1 |
|Death*||5 December 1737||Margaret (?) died on 5 December 1737 at Abington, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania; This makes it quite likely Joseph Howey married at least twice.1 |
|Burial*||circa 8 December 1737||She was buried circa 8 December 1737 at Abington Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Abington, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.1 |
|Married Name||circa 1735|| As of circa 1735,her married name was Howey.1 |
- [S212] Unknown author, Abington Presbyterian Cemetery records, Margaret, wife of Joseph Hovey, d. Dec 5 1737, aged 22 years.
F, b. circa 1890
|Birth*||circa 1890||Margaret (?) was born circa 1890.1 |
|Marriage*||between 12 March 1912 and 12 September 1918||She married William Henry Webb Sr., son of Henry Kelley Webb and Lydia E. Kensil, between 12 March 1912 and 12 September 1918 at Philadelphia, Philadelphia Co., Pennsylvania.1 |
|Married Name||between 12 March 1912 and 12 September 1918|| As of between 12 March 1912 and 12 September 1918,her married name was Webb.1 |
- [S372] Ancestry.com. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-18 [database online] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2002. National Archives and Records Administration. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. M1509, 4,277 rolls. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration., WWI registration card of William Henry Webb lists nearest relative as Mrs. Margaret Webb (wife). Draft board 28, Roll 1907648, 3000, number 25, 37-7-17 C.
|Marriage*||Margaret (?) married Francis Watkins. |
|Married Name||Her married name was Watkins. |
- [S318] Unknown author, Obituary, Date: June 21, 1905
Paper: Philadelphia Inquirer
Article type: Mortuary Notice
WEBB - Suddenly on June 17, 1905 MAGGIE J, wife of Hanford Webb and daughter of the late Francis and Margaret Watkins in 45th year. Relatives and friends, also members of Siloam M E Church are invited to attend Wednesday 3PM from residence [cut off].
F, b. circa 1765
|Birth*||circa 1765||Margareta (?) was born circa 1765.1 |
|Marriage*||circa 1785||She married Giacomo Zmarich circa 1785.1 |
|Married Name||circa 1785|| As of circa 1785,her married name was Zmarich.1 |
- [S238] Unknown author, Lovran Church Records, FHC 2084814 Item 2, page 40, line 10, 21 Feb 1814, Mattio Mrak Dindich, 23, dispensati patris, of S. Fran. 42, married Mattea Zmarich, 21, of S. Fran 38. Mattio's parents are Giorgio and Anna. Mattea's parents are Giacomo and Marg.
- [S238] Unknown author, Lovran Church Records, FHC 2084813 Items 7-8, Mattea Zmarich, female, baptised 21 Sep 1793, parents are Giacomo and Margareta.
|Marriage*||before 22 November 1778||Margareta (?) married Georg Schneider before 22 November 1778.1 |
|Married Name||before 22 November 1778|| As of before 22 November 1778,her married name was Schneider.1 |
|(Witness) Baptism||22 November 1778||Margareta (?) witnessed the baptism of George Hann on 22 November 1778 at Friesburg Emanuel Lutheran Church, Cohansey, Salem Co., New Jersey.1 |
- [S73] Unknown author, Early Church Rec. of Salem Co., Friesburg Emanuel Lutheran Church Baptisms, p. 177-233. p. 200-201, Johann Georg Hahn of Jacob and Catharina, b. July 1, bapt. Nov. 22, 1778. Sponsors: George Schneider and Margareta his wife.
|Marriage*||Margareta (?) married Daniel Hughes.1 |
|Married Name||Her married name was Hughes.1 |
- [S106] Death Certificate, Death record for Christena Woodlin, NJ State Archives death microfilm, Pittsgrove Twp., Salem Co., 11 Dec. 1859. Married, age 54, born and died in Pittsgrove. Parents Daniel and Margareta (Hughes?). Cause of death Bilious.
- [S38] Individual contact, From Roberto Zigulic in e-mail 28 Oct 2004. Roberto Zigulic, Put za Trbuhovac 10, 51410 Opatija, Croatia.
F, b. circa 1720
|Birth*||circa 1720||Margery (?) was born circa 1720.1 |
|Marriage*||circa 1730||She married Arthur Borradail circa 1730.1 |
|Married Name||circa 1742|| As of circa 1742,her married name was Margery Borradail.1 |
|(Witness) Will||9 May 1760||Margery (?) is listed as wife and co-executor in the will of Arthur Borradail on 9 May 1760 at Chester, Burlington Co., New Jersey.1 |
- [S156] Unknown author, NJ Archives Calendar of Wills, Heritage Books Archives Calendar of New Jersey Wills #1771. Being an electronic copy of Calendar of NJ Wills Vol. III, 1751-1760, ed. By A. Van Doren Honeyman (1924).
1760, May 9. Borradaill, Arthur, of Chester, Burlington Co., yeoman; will of. Wife Margery. Children-Hannah Elton, Rebecca Shute, Ester Venable, Elizabeth Brown, Mary Venable, William, John, Sarah and Ruth, the last four under age. Real and personal estate. Executors-the wife and son-in-law, Samuel Shute. Wtnesses-Thomas Morton, Mary Wallace, John Cox. Proved June 30, 1760. Lib. 10, p. 44.