Port Arthur & Fort William
History of Port Arthur & Fort William
Amalgamated in 1970 to form the City of Thunder Bay


McVicars Creek & Railway Depot around 1920's

Prince of Wales visit to Port Arthur in 1919 to present a medal to the father of a WWI ace.
Postcard collection courtesy of Roger Lopez



Postcard collection circa 1967 courtesy of Derk Sherren


Courtesy of JFLH

Hudson's Bay Company/Fort William Marker
near the origianl site of Fort William
More photos

1998 - 2019 JFLH

The Fort William Land Investment Company

Fort William: The Gateway
by E.S. Rutledge 1898

Algoma West Mines Scenery and Industrial Resources
by Roland Walpole C.A. 1887

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada History and Genealogy Fort William, Ontario, Canada,
1881 Census of Residents (originally called Fort Kaministiquia)

1891 Port Arthur Township Center, Algoma District

Dobie, Bill - Photo Album- Port Arthur, Ont, c.1922-1934

City Archives

Hot Rods and Jalopies

Finnish settlement in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

Fort William, North West Co

Gateway to Northwestern Ontario History

Old Fort William

Profile on the Pipes and Drums of Thunder Bay

St. Joseph's General Hospital Port Arthur 1958
& Kindred Footprints - Mother Monica

St. Patrick's Cathedral History

The Port Arthur, Duluth & Western Railway

Thunder Bay Historical Museum Society

Transit History of Thunder Bay

Home