MY GOSWICK FAMILY
by:Henry H. and Keuttah (Goswick) Kennemore
back to main
James Thomas Goswick
JAMES PLESANT OBADIAH GOSWICK
L/R Top Row: James William Charles, Margaret Elizabeth,Georgia Ann & Myrtle Goswick
L/R Bottom Row: Martha Jane, James P.O., Floyd Jahue, Rebecca Jane, and baby Florence.
picture taken 1907 Russellville, Ar.
James Plesant Obadiah Goswick b.Nov.07,1867 Newton Co.AR. d:6/25/1966 W.Helena,AR.
(m) Jul.20,1890 Conway Co.Ark.
Rebecca Jane Davidson b.Nov.28,1874 Taney Co.Mo. d:12/12/1929 Danville,Yell Co.Ar.
1. Margaret Elizabeth b. Feb.12,1892 Sulphin Township, Pope Co.AR.(m)Wilburn O.Pruitt
2. Georgia Ann b. Nov.06,1895 Sulphin Twp.,Pope Co.Ar. (m) John Allen Pruitt
3. James Wm. Charles b. Feb.11,1898 Sulphin Twp.Pope Co.AR.(m) Amanda Bece McClure
4. Myrtle Ethel b. June.03,1900 Suplhin Twp. (m) William Ila Price
5. Floyd Jahue b. Apr.14,1902 Sulphin Twp.Pope Co.AR. (m) Lizzie Morris
6. Martha Jane b. 7/01/1904 (m) Jewell David Russell
7.Florence Elana b. Nov.09,1907 Sulphin Twp.(m)lst.George David Morris (2nd)T.L.Finney
8. George Nelson b. Mar.15,1913 d:10/05/1932 Ok. (m Aug.27,1932 Bryan Co.Ok) Fay Kennon
James Plesant Obadiah Goswick was the son of James Thomas and Martha Ann (Chism) Goswick of Pope and Yell Co.'s Arkansas. His wife Rebecca Jane Davidson was the daughter of Elizabeth (Stacy) Huff, Davidson, and John Davidson. Rebecca Jane Davidson had half brothers by the names of William Hiram "Bill" Huff, and Nathaniel Huff, her brother was George Davidson. The Huff-Davidson family married into the Goswick family in Pope Co.AR., and sure made a lot of "double cousins" to track down.
Rebecca Jane (Davidson) Goswick is buried at Moors Hill Cemetery near Danville, Ar.. Back in 1983 my husband and I made a trip to Danville, Dardanelle, and Russellville, Arkansas to gather family information and one of my Price cousins took us all over the counrty side visiting the family graves. When we arrived at Moors Hill Cemetery which was "atop" a hill, we had to park below and walk uphill quiet a way and on the top of this hill there are many old graves and one was my grandmother Rebecca Jane Davidson Goswick, and beside her grave were her grandbabies (Pruitts).
James Plesant Obadiah Goswick is buried at Forrest City, Arkansas. He never remarried and in his old age lived with his daughter Martha Jane (Goswick) Russell at Hughes, Arkansas.