Removed to Durham several years after his father, not earlier than 1717, not later than 1719, lived near the north line of Durham, on the west or lower side of the durham road formerly called Crooked Lane; purchased land in 1737 over the line, in Middlefield, with his brother Noah. He removed about 1740 to Torrington, having been preceded by his son Ebenezer5, who was the first settler of that town, 1737. The father and son were among the first members of the Congregational church at its organization, Oct. 21, 1741, and the father was chosen deacon Jan. 1, 1742.

Go Back