Children of Robert and Ann Price:
- Margaret Price 1851 born in Llantrisant. did not marry and spent her whole life in service. In 1881 she was a housekeeper to Humphrey Jones a farmer in Llandyfrydog. Her younger sister Jane was a servant in the same household. She spent her later years living with her brother Hugh Price in Bodwrog.She died in 1943 leaving £88 to Hugh (a retired farmer)
Price 28th Jan 1852 in Llandrygan
- Richard Price 18 Dec 1853 in Llandrygan. Married Miriam Jones in Nov 1879 in Llechcyfarwy, Anglesey. Died in 1915
- Richard Price 1883;
- Owen Price 1889;
- Hugh Price Dec 1891;
- Thomas Price 1894,
- William Price 1896;
- Ann Jane Price 1900
- Evan Price 1902.
- John Price 23 Sep 1855 in Llandrygarn. Died in 1932. Married Jane Lloyd about 1878.
- Robert Price (1879),
- Elin Price (1881),
- William (1883)
- Jane (1885)
- Annie (1888)
- Margaret Price (1891)
- Elizabeth Price (1900).
- John Price (1893),
- Hugh Thomas Price (1897),
- Jane Price (1889),
Price 10 Apr 1857 in Llandrygarn. Married Elizabeth (possibly Thomas) in 1877. Two children:
- John Price 1882
Eliza Price 1890
- Owen Price 31 Jul 1859 in Bodwrog. Married Ellen Jones (a.k.a.Eleanor), daughter of Richard and Anne Jones of Dowlais, Glamorganshire, Wales. They emigrated to the USA before 1925 and both died in Montgomery County, Iowa, USA
Price born 27 Oct 1861 Bodwrog and died in 1944. He did not marry. In
1891 his sister Margaret is living with him. When she died she left her
assets to him.
Price 1863 married Thomas Hughes in 1882 and had two
- Tom Hughes about 1885
- Maggie Ellen Hughes about 1886
Price 1866. In the 1881 census, at the age of 15, Jane is a
servant in the household of Humprhey Jones where her sister Margaret
was the housekeeper. She is found again in the 1901 census
aged 34 working for the household of Elizabeth Jones in Heneglwys St
Lluydian and Trewalchmai. In 1911 Jane is still in service, working as
a housekeeper for the Jones family in Llandegai
Price 1868-1873. Died aged 5years
Price 07 Aug 1870, Bodwrog. Married Margaret Price and had :
- Evan Thomas Price 1899
- Elizabeth Jane Price 1901
- William Garfield Price 1905
- Margaret Ann price 1909.
In the 1861 census:
Price (aged 36) and Ann (aged 33) are living in Bodwrog with Margaret (10), Robert (9), Richard (7), John
(5), William (4) and Owen (1).
and Ann Price are living Glanyrafon, Parish of Bodwrog. With them
are: Hugh (9), Mary (7), Jane (5), Ann
(3) and Thomas (8 months). Richard (14), Owen (10) and Margaret (20) are servants
in the home of Ellen Owen and her sons Richard and John in Llecheynfarwy,
Anglesey. Neither John, William nor Robert Price are mentioned on the 1871
census. It is possible that they were at sea.
- Ann Price,
aged 52 is a widow living in Bodwrog. Her sons Owen 21 and Thomas 10 are living
with her. Owen is an agricultural labourer. There is no mention of the two
youngest children: Ann and Thomas.
- Margaret Price,
aged 30 is unmarried, she is a housekeeper in the household of Humprhey Jones,
- Jane Price, her sister, aged 15 is a servant in the same household.
- Richard Price,
aged 27 is married and is a general labourer living in Llandrygarn;
- Hugh Price
19 is a mill carrier and farm servant
Price aged 21 is single and an agricultural labourer living in Bodwrog
Price (24) is married to Elizabeth (30), living in Llechcynfarwydd. He is a farm labourer.
and Elizabeth Price are still living in Llechcynfarwydd but visiting, or living
with them, are niece and nephew Jane (1889) and John (1882) Price. (Probably
the children of his brother John)
- Hugh Price at 29 is still single, living in Bodwrog. He is a general labourer. Living with him are his sister Margaret and nephew Thomas
I have received permission to show the photographs on this page by Melanie cameron, a descendant of Richard Price and Miriam Jones.