built circa 1915, 508 College St.
William A Knott, a Knotts brothers partner , lived in this frame two-story Classic Revival-style house.
Williams A Knott's house stood across the street from 310 West Washington Street, where his brother George lived. The Knott brothers built, owned and operated Knott Brothers Tobbaco Warehouse downtown.
They moved to Kinston during the 1890's from the "Old Belt" of Granville County, and according to family history the two men discussed business and events of the day from their respective front porches on summer evenings.