Ellis Island Quarantine, NY: Deaths in Quarantine, 1909-1911
THE FORGOTTEN OF ELLIS ISLAND
Deaths in Quarantine, 1909-1911
Photo Gallery for Quarantine Station and Ellis Island
The Forgotten of Ellis Island Database
Search the Database
My Search for Apollonia Spiegel
Quarantine Station for Ellis Island and the Port of New York
Photographs and Pictures
Sign the Guestbook!
Some Resources to Use in Tracing Your Immigrant Ancestors
A Short Bibliography for Quarantine and Ellis Island
Repositories or Archives
Links to More Sites related to Quarantine and Immigration
New York Harbor
Some Ellis Island Images
Other Sites containing Images of Ellis Island
- Selected Images of Ellis Island and Immigration, ca. 1880-1920
From the Collections of the Library of Congress:
- New York, NY, Ellis Island -- Immigration: 1900-1920
University of California, Riverside
Keystone-Mast Collection, California Museum of Photography
- Images from the History of the Public Health Service
- Page 11: Marine Hospital Service (1970)
- Page 12: National Quarantine Act (1878)
- Page 14: Quarantine Boarding Launch "Walter Wyman" (1939)
- Page 15: Fumigation of ship, hydrocyanic acid gas (New York City, 1913)
- Page 16: Yellow Fever Detention Camp (Camp E. A. Perry, 1888)
- Page 17: Yellow Fever Quarantine Inspection of Troops (Spanish-American War, 1899)
- Page 18: Fumigating/Disinfecting team (New Orleans, 1939)
- Page 20: Immigration Law of 1891, Ellis Island
- Page 21: Quarantine Detention (Ellis Island, 1930)
- The August Sherman photographs:
- Alice Austen's photographs — Ms. Austen was asked by Dr. Alvah Doty in the 1890s to take photographs of the Quaranine Station which she did over ten years. Her negatives for her photographs are today held by the Staten Island Historical Society.
Some Photos and Images Taken While Filming the "ANCESTORS" TV series.
Return to the top of this page.
Copyright © 2001-2012, Cathy Horn, All Rights Reserved.