Womack's 13 Commandments
1. Thou shalt name your male children: James, John, Joseph, Josiah, Abraham, Richard, Thomas, but most of all William.
2. Thou shalt name your female children: Elizabeth, Mary, Martha, Maria, Sarah, Ida, Virginia, May
3. Thou shalt leave NO trace of your female children.
4. Thou shalt, after naming your children from the above lists, call them by strange nicknames such as: Ike, Eli, Polly, Dolly, Sukey.---making them difficult to trace.
5. Thou shalt NOT use any middle names on any legal documents or census reports, and only where necessary, you may use only initials on legal documents.
6. Thou shalt learn to sign all documents illegibly so that your surname can be spelled, or misspelled, in various ways: Wamack, Wammack, Wamic, Wamix, Warmack, Womac, Womack, Womacks, Wommack, Wormack etc.
7. Thou shalt, after no more then 3 generations, make sure that all family records are lost, misplaced, burned in a court house fire, or buried so that NO future trace of them can be found.
8. Thou shalt propagate misleading legends, rumors, & vague innuendo regarding your origin.
a: You may have come from: England, Ireland, Scotland, or Wales.
b: You may have American Indian ancestry of
the Cherokee tribe.
c: You may have descended from one of three brothers that came over from?
9. Thou shalt leave NO cemetery records, or headstones with legible names.
10. Thou shalt leave NO family Bible with records of birth, marriages, or deaths.
11. Thou shalt ALWAYS flip thy name around. If born James Albert, thou must make all the rest of thy records in the names of Albert, AJ, JA, AL, Bert, Bart, or Alfred.
12. Thou must also flip thy parent's names when making reference to them, although "Unknown" or a blank line is an acceptable alternative.
13. Thou shalt name at least 5 generations of males, and dozens of their cousins with identical names in order to totally confuse your descendants and researchers forever.