John August Fox, Jr., owned a wall paper hanging store on Fremont Avenue.
The photo probably dates to circa 1898.
From RIGHT to LEFT:
Mary Adam Gunterman Fox (wife of John A. Fox Jr.) b. 1872 d. 1943
Marie Gunterman (sitting) (mother of Mary Adam) b. 1851 d. 1922
John August Fox, Jr. (husband of Mary Adam) b. 1872 d. 1949
Marie Fox (Fox daughter) b. 1895 d. 1951
William Ernest Fox (son of J.A. Fox Sr.)
b. 1881 d. 1966
The next four men are unknown company men - the last man on the right with moustache looks like a Fox relative, but he is unknown.
The store was sold about 1920 and J.A.Fox, Jr. retired to Jones Station in Edgewater on the Magothy River.
The owner of the original photo is Clare Fox Archer, granddaughter of William Ernest Fox.
Photo is submitted by Mary Bahr <msb(a)connext.net>
uploaded to file 18 April 2006