F, #6957, (c 1761 - )
- Reference: [6957:2]
- Birth*: Ca. 1761, VA.3
- (Parents, daughter of David Wall & Martha B. Scoggin).2
- Marriage*: 29 Jul 1782, Samuel Green Clay, Halifax Co, VA.4,3
- Married Name: Martha Clay (Wall).
Family: Martha Wall & Samuel Green Clay
- Last Edited: 25 Mar 2002
- [S1351] Unknown compiler.
- [S908] Sharon J. Smith, Database: "RW WC: sjsherry."
- [S60] E-mail: Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:23:56 -0700
To: e-mail address
From: "Mary Anne C. Rick" <e-mail address>
Subject: PML Search Result matching (Scroggin* OR Scoggin* OR Scrogin* OR Scogin*) ANDNOT x-loop/Scogin-L
A result of your requested PML search. To refine or cancel this
search, please visit http://pml.rootsweb.com/
Source: e-mail address
Subject: Alabama Clays
For many years it was believed that Adline Clay Redus of Limestone Co.,
AL was the daughter of Samuel Mitchell Clay. 'Tain't so and I'd like to
set the record straight. The line runs this way:
1. Samuel (aka Samuel Green) Clay m Martha Wall, daughter of David Wall
and his wife Martha Scoggins.
2. William Henry Clay m Mourning Gay, daughter of John Gay
3. Martha Adline Clay m Thomas Redus
Samuel Mitchell Clay was the younger brother of William Henry. Adline
was the only child of W. H. and Mourning.
Let me know how in-depth you need this as I have dates and places.
Also, info on the other children of Samuel Green and Martha (Wall)
Clay. This line is not as well known as others which is puzzling as
Adline and Thomas Redus had a string of kids. Somewhere out there are
alot of my fairly close cousins but apparently they aren't into
This information came from a group of Clay researchers who are highly
Mary Anne Rick