1018 - King Canute granted land to Bishop Burwold was granted land for a Church at Landrake, for his life and then to be passed to the holy Germanies. The Monks at the priory at St Germans were responsible for taking the services at Landrake.
1086-in the doomsday book of Exeter there was said to be a wood and wattle church of Saxon origin at Landrake. A few years afterwards the church was replaced by a stone one. The south doorway, and the main aisle of the nave up to the sanctuary are Norman.
1100 -The first stone church comes from around this date and could have been in the form of a rectangle with pillars at the sides. The font, of granite, dates from this time and is still to be found in the church.
1361- The black death hit the village with nearly every family losing two members. The Vicar at the time John Brimboyt also died of the black death.
14th Century - The building of the tower commenced in the late 14th century and took 50 years to build.
15th Century - during this century the church was re-built it its current form. The stone came from the nearby Tartan Down Quarry at Landrake.
1509- Edward Courtney died in this year and one of the oldest Medieval brass memorials is in the alcove on the north wall. He was married to Alice Wotton, heiress of John Wotton of Wotton Manor. She died in 1533. Edward was the second son of Sir William Courtney of Powderham Castle near Exeter.
1593- The village was hit again by the plague and 59 were buried at Landrake, most of them during the month of August.
1607- Nicolas Wylls is remembered on the oldest slate memorial. He died on 2nd October 1607. The slate is carved with a figure of a man and woman kneeling at prayer before a desk upon which lie open books. The man is dressed in Elizabethan costume with a ruff and wears his hair long. The woman has the head-dress and costume of the same period. His wife Ebote, who had died in June of the same year was also buried in the sanctuary. There is also depicted the arms of both the Wills and Gifford families. (Crest- a cock's head holding a sprig of three leaves in the beak). The Gifford's were a well known family in South Devon.
1613-Sir Jeffery or Landrake was a local boy living at Tredinnick Farm. He was baptised on 24th May 1613. He went to London and became an eminent East India merchant. Later he became a member of the worshipful Company of Ironmongers. In 1673 he was knighted, then in 1686 became Lord Mayor of London. He died in 1703. In his will he left money to the School master and the poor of Landrake and St Erney. Today there is a Sir Robert Geffery's School in the village. It is a voluntary aided school and half the governing body are from the Worshipful Company of Ironmongers Guild in London - the only one in the country.
1662-The prayer Book Rebellion.
The vicar at the time was a leading Puritan in Cornwall called Jasper Hicks. He would not accept the new prayer book and was therefore deprived of his benefice. He had been vicar of nearly 30 years. He was ejected and lived on an estate in the parish. He did not mend his ways because his successor, Philip Wynell, fined him £40 for holding services in his own house. He died in 1677 and was buried under the porch of Landrake Church.
1671- A clock was added to the tower.
1848- The present clock was built by Richard Almond of Devonport, it is wound up by hand every three days.
1877- The church was restored at a cost of £1658.
1895-The reredos and alabaster carvings behind the alter were given in memory of the Earl of Mount Edgecombe family.
1908 The tower screen was added.