There was a young monk named Kea, also known as Che, Lan-te-Ke, and Landegea, he is one of the lesser known Cornish Saints. It is to him this peaceful church is dedicated (for more information.
495-St Kea Died at Cleder in Brittany on the first Saturday in October.
500-The Doomsday Book shows that it is thought that a monastery had been on this site in this year.
In early times the parish of St Kea was of great importance and extent, for it originally covered the whole area from the Fal up to Chacewater and Scorrier, a total of 7000 acres. the chapelries of Kenwyn, Baldhu, and Chacewater were formed out of it.
The Norman Font later removed to All Hallows is of the Bodmin type, the bowl supported by five columns. At the corners there are the heads of the four evangelists, on two the faces are representations of the tree of life, and on the other two are the Lion Passant facing west to deter the devil from entering the church.
1266-The Manor of Landeke (Landegea or Kea) was conveyed to Sir Stephen Haym, a priest who had been instituted to the churches of Landegea. At this time a substantial church existed here.
1270- Its tithes, together with the chapelries of Kenwyn and Tregavethan, were appropriated by the Bishop of Exeter to the Collegiate church of Glasney. It is not surprising that a state of financial hardship has existed ever since.
The church was at the extreme east of the parish, involving a walk of 5 miles in each direction for some of the congregation.
16th Century-the most valuable possession of the church and passed to All Hallows to be kept in the safety of the bank, is a silver-gilt Chalice and Patten made in France. it is inscribed with the name Renee d'Amboise and the d'Amboise arms. The lady was the daughter of Louis XII of France and Anne de Bretagne; she was born at Blois in 1510 and was the sister of Cardinal George d'Amboise, Archbishop of Rouen. the Chalice was a gift of Mme. Susannah Haweis, possibly the wife of David Hawies of Killiow, and it is a tempting speculation that there is a link between the names d'Amboise and Daubuz (Daubuz being a family that gave allot of help and interest their name appearing frequently in the church records ).
1531-John Tregian Lord of the Manor petitioned King Henry VIII for a license "to build and edify a new church in a more central position". Nothing came of it, however, partly because of the unsettled times.
1739-The oak Poor Box later taken to All Hallows.
1777-David Haweis of Killiow buried in the church.
1802- that advantage was taken of the Kings license. By that time the church at Old Kea was in such a dangerous state that it was no longer safe to hold any services, and a Mr Gwatkin, of Killiow, gave "a convenient piece of land" on which the new church was built.
This new church was erected on the present site of All Hallows .