The Norman font shows four lions at the base and four angels at the top. The lions have their tongues out. The font has spent much of its life in two parks and two churches.
There is a medieval alabaster panel in the church with a carving of the nativity showing the Madonna on couch with the child and Joseph at her feet, the Wise Men adoring, and the two oxen looking on.
In one of the graves sleeps William Cole Pendarves who was churchwarden for half a century. You can find the mausoleum of the Pendarves family in the churchyard. One Sir William Pendarves (not sure if his remains rest here) who lived in the 17th century entertained his friends by mixing punch in a coffin made of copper. It was this time copper competed in importance to tin, as shafts could now be sunk lower reaching the rich lodes below the tin.
Near to the Pendarves mausoleum is the grave of John Harris, he left Cornwall only once in the 64 years of his life. His only education was at the village school, but he taught himself to write poetry, saved money to buy books, built a house with his own hands. John born in Camborne in 1820 ceased schooling at the age of 9 and started working on a farm. At the age of 10 he went to Dolcoath mine as a dresser of copper ore, but found time to read his books and began to write verses about the scenes he saw every day. When some miners were killed in Carn Brea mine he wrote a poem in their memory which was sung in the streets of Camborne, and the rector, recognising his talant, lent him books of poetry. He became a lay preacher among the Wesleyans, but continued to write, another preacher who had started life as a farm lad but made a fortune in business, arranged for the publication of his poems. This resulted in a new volume almost every year. He was to win the first prize for a Shakespeare Tercentenery Poem, and it was in winning this prize that John mad his one journey outside Cornwall, to Stratford. In 1878 he had a paralytic stroke, but this did not prevent him from writing his last work an Autobiography which was published two years before his death at Falmouth.