Falk Relations: Abbott Family
compiled by Steve Wilson,
last updated May 21, 2016.
Back to Wilson's Family History.
- George Abbott♦ (b. c. 1615, England, d. c. 1689, Norwalk CT), 1m. c1657 at Stamford CT to Mary Weed (b. c. 1637, Wethersfield CT), 2m. to Johanna ---
- John Abbott♦ (b. 2 Sep. 1662, Norwalk CT), m. June 1682 at Norwalk CT to Ruth Ruscoe (b. c. 1658, Norwalk CT)
- John Abbott (b. c. 1684, Norwalk CT), m. 11 May 1724 at Norwalk CT to Eunice Judd (b. 1703, Connecticut, d. 1 Sep. 1751, Norwalk CT)
- Esther Abbott (b. c. 1686, Norwalk CT, d. by 1750), m. c. 1716 to Ebenezer Jackson (bap. 16 Oct. 1698, Stratfield CT, d. 17 June 1766, Sharon CT)
- Mary Abbott (b. c. 1688, Norwalk CT), m. by 1715 to Joseph Scribner (b. 1692)
- Dorothy Abbott (b. c. 1664, Norwalk CT), m. c. 1685 to Darwin Root
- Whinniah Abbott (b. 31 July 1667, Norwalk CT)
- George Abbott (b. c. 1669, Norwalk CT)
- Priscilla Abbott (b. c. 1671, Norwalk CT), m. c. 1692 to Stephen Clawson
- Mary Abbott (b. c. 1673, Norwalk CT)
- Jonathan Abbott (b. c. 1675, Norwalk CT), m. 5 June 1696 at Norwalk CT to Sarah Olmstead (b. 1679, Connecticut)
- Samuel Abbott (b. 10 June 1678, Norwalk CT)
- Daniel Abbott (b. c. 1680, Norwalk CT)
- George Abbott (c1615-c1689), m. c1657 to Mary Weed (c1637--)
- John Abbott (1662--), m. 1682 to Ruth Ruscoe (c1658--)
- Esther Abbott (c1686-c1750), m. c1716 to Ebenezer Jackson (1698-1766)
- Abraham Jackson (1726-1791), m. 1750 to Eleanor Bumpas (1729--)
- Abraham Jackson (1751-1833), m. by 1782 to Mary Button (1750-1826)
- Jerusha Steele Jackson (1790-1863), m. 1812 to Benjamin Felch (1790-1864)
- Mary Jane Felch (1820-1898), m. 1837 to Horatio Higgins (1812-1890)
- Harvey Alva Higgins (1864-1928), m. 1889 to Lillian Belle Agee (1868-1947)
- Elsie Laura Higgins (1895-1959), m. 1915 to George Washington Falk (1895-1969)
George Abbott (c1615-c1689): m. Mary Weed (c1637--)
- no date, "In Memory of the First Settlers of Norwalk, 1649. A Sensible, Serviceable and a Forcible Purpose Folk. George Abbitt ... John Ruskoe ..." [Connecticut, East Norwalk, East Norwalk Historical Cemetery, Inscriptions]
- Anderson, Robert Charles, The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633, vol. 3, 1995. On p. 1957, summary and sources for Jonas Weed, including: "... In his will, dated 26 November 1672 and proved 7 November 1676, Jonas Weed Sr. bequeathed to ... 'his daughter Mary Abbot the wife of Georg[e] Abbot' 30s"
- Bouton, Nathaniel, An Historical Discourse in Commemoration of the Two-hundredth Anniversary of the Settlement of Norwalk, Ct., in 1651, 1851. On p. 69: "Abbitt, George. - The name of George Abbott is first found in the Colony records of Connecticut, 1640, then a youth, servant to ---, of Windsor. He was fined five pounds for selling 'a pystoll and powder to the Indians, and to be bound to his good behavior.' He probably came from Dorchester with his master. [He seems not to have been connected with the Abott's of the same name, of Andover, Massachusetts.]"
- Selleck, Charles Melbourne, Norwalk, 1896. On p. 345: "Home Lot XXVI ... George Abbott, Sr. of Norwalk appeared in Windsor in 1640. He had there been somewhat indiscreet, probably, in that he sold ammunition to the red men. This was a serious colonial offence, and he was fined £5 for his imprudence. He afterward (1647-8) went to Hartford, where he fell into some trouble, but he found his way to Norwalk, where he has mention in 1655. His home-lot was not on the 'Towne Street', but comprised a territory-slice just north of the present LeCount home in East Norwalk. He was twice married, and his children were by the first wife, who is unknown ... The second Mrs. George Abbott was a Mrs. Johanna Williamson of Boston ... George Abbott died in 1689."
John Abbott (1662--): m. Ruth Ruscoe (c1658--)
- Selleck, Charles Melbourne, Norwalk, 1896. On p. 345-346: "Home Lot XXVI. George Abbott. ... John [Abbott] married Ruth, daughter of John Rusco. This gave the Abbotts rather a wide connection. The children of John and Ruth Abbott, were ... Esther (Mrs. Ebenezer Jackson)"