Falk Relations: Marsh Family
compiled by Steve Wilson,
last updated December 18, 2015.
Back to Wilson's Family History.
- George Marsh♦ (b. c. 1592, d. 2 July 1647, Hingham MA), m. by 1618 to Elizabeth --- (d. 11 Jan. 1677, Hingham MA)
- Mary Marsh (b. c. 1618, Hingham, Norfolkshire, d. 15 Feb. 1697, Haverhill MA), m. by 1641 to John Page (b. c. 1614, England, d. 23 Nov. 1687, Haverhill MA)
- Thomas Marsh (b. 1622, Hingham, Norfolkshire, d. 2 Sep. 1658, Hingham MA), m. 22 Mar. 1649 at Hingham MA to Sarah Beals (b. 1624, England, d. 9 Nov. 1710, Braintree MA)
- Elizabeth Marsh (b. 1625, Hingham, Norfolkshire, d. 2 Oct. 1647, Roxbury MA), m. 1646 to John Turner (b. Jan. 1628, Scituate MA, d. 1687, Scituate MA)
- Onesiphorus Marsh (b. 1630, Hingham, Norfolkshire, d. 15 May 1713, Haverhill MA), m. 6 Feb. 1655 at Plymouth MA to Hannah Cutler (b. c. 1635, England, d. 17 Mar. 1686, Haverhill MA)
- George Marsh (c1592-1647), m. by 1618 to Elizabeth --- (--1677)
- Mary Marsh (c1618-1697), m. by 1641 to John Page (c1614-1687)
- Onesiphorus Page (1642-1706), m. 1664 to Mary Hauxworth (1641-1695)
- Joseph Page (1670--), m. by 1692 to Elizabeth ---
- Joseph Page (1698-1756), m. 1722 to Abigail True (1705--)
- Jane Page (1729-1787), m. 1749 to Daniel Felch (1718-1763)
- Benjamin Felch (1754-1833), m. 1779 to Sarah Campbell (1760-1853)
- Benjamin Felch (1790-1864), m. 1812 to Jerusha Steele Jackson (1790-1863)
- Mary Jane Felch (1820-1898), m. 1837 to Horatio Higgins (1812-1890)
- Harvey Alva Higgins (1864-1928), m. 1889 to Lillian Belle Agee (1868-1947)
- Elsie Laura Higgins (1895-1959), m. 1915 to George Washington Falk (1895-1969)
George Marsh (c1592-1647): m. Elizabeth --- (--1677)
- Lincoln, George, History of the Town of Hingham, Massachusetts, 1893. In 3:56, "Marsh, George, prob. from old Hingham or some of the adjoining parishes in Norfolk County, Eng., came to New Eng., and settled in our Hing. with Rev. Peter Hobart and his company, 1635. On the 18th of Sept. of that year he drew a house-lot on Town (North) St., which was bounded and described in the town's first book of grants ... The chris. name of his w. was Elizabeth. She survived him, and m. secondly, Nov. 1648, Richard Bowen. George was made 'freeman' 3 March, 1636, and was one of the selectmen, 1645. He d. 2 July, 1647. Will made on the day of his death."
- Marsh, Eliezer Jewett, Genealogy of the Family of George Marsh, who came from England in 1635 and settled in Hingham, Mass., 1887. On p. 9-10, "George Marsh and his wife Elizabeth, with their four children, in company with twenty other families, including their pastor Rev. Peter Hobart and family, most of whom were from Hingham, Norfolk Co., England, left their homes in the Spring of 1635 ... and landed at Charlestown June 8th ... From Charlestown they proceeded to Hingham ... On the 18th of September following they cast lots for house lots ... George Marsh's Deed. 'Given unto George Marsh, for a houselot, five acres of land, bounded with the land of Richard Osborn eastward, and with the highway leading to Squirrell Hill westward, butting upon the Common northward, and upon the Town Street southward.' The following year, March 3, 1636, he was made freeman. On the 2d of July, 1647, he died leaving a wife and four children, as appears from his will made the same day. George Marsh's Will. '2nd July 1647 Vnto Wife Elizabeth fower pound & tenn shillings a yeare; On fether bed, on payer of sheets &c After her desese to return to my sonne Thomas. To sonne Onesefers on yerling stere on yerling hefer One hefer Calf one Ewe. Dau. Elizabeth Turner one yerling hefer; Dau. Mary Padge to Ewe gotes. Sonne Thomas Marsh my house & all my land in Hingham. Witness Rolfe Woodard William Hersee.' The following year, Nov. 1648, Elizabeth Marsh, his widow, was married to Richard Brown of Weymouth."