Falk Relations: Tidd Family
compiled by Steve Wilson,
last updated December 18, 2015.
Back to Wilson's Family History.
- John Tidd♦ (d. 24 Apr. 1656, Woburn MA), m. by 1618 to Margaret --- (d. 1651, Woburn MA)
- John Tidd (b. c. 1618, England, d. 12 Apr. 1703, Lexington MA), m. 14 Apr. 1650 at Woburn MA to Rebecca Wood (b. c. 1625, d. 10 June 1717, Lexington MA)
- Mary Tidd (b. 23 Nov. 1620, Ipswich, Suffolkshire, d. 1705, Woburn MA), m. 24 Dec. 1644 at Woburn MA to Francis Kendall (b. c. 1612, England, d. 1708, Woburn MA)
- Samuel Tidd (b. c. 1622, England), m. by 1642 to Sarah ---
- Hannah Tidd (b. c. 1624, England, d. 14 Aug. 1650), m. 21 Sep. 1641 at Woburn MA to William Savile
- Alice Tidd (b. c. 1625, England)
- Elizabeth Tidd (b. c. 1626, England), m. 13 June 1643 at Woburn MA to Thomas Fuller (b. c. 1618, England, d. 3 June 1698, Salem MA)
- James Tidd (b. c. 1628, England)
- Joseph Tidd (b. c. 1630, England)
- John Tidd (--1656), m. by 1618 to Margaret --- (--1651)
- Elizabeth Tidd (1626--), m. 1643 to Thomas Fuller (c1618-1698)
- Benjamin Fuller (1660-1754), m. 1685 to Sarah Bacon (1663--)
- Sarah Fuller (1691--), m. 1717 to Daniel Felch (1668-1752)
- Daniel Felch (1718-1763), m. 1749 to Jane Page (1729-1787)
- Benjamin Felch (1754-1833), m. 1779 to Sarah Campbell (1760-1853)
- Benjamin Felch (1790-1864), m. 1812 to Jerusha Steele Jackson (1790-1863)
- Mary Jane Felch (1820-1898), m. 1837 to Horatio Higgins (1812-1890)
- Harvey Alva Higgins (1864-1928), m. 1889 to Lillian Belle Agee (1868-1947)
- Elsie Laura Higgins (1895-1959), m. 1915 to George Washington Falk (1895-1969)
John Tidd (--1656): 1m. Margaret --- (--1651), 2m. Alice ---
- Johnson, Edward F., arranger, Woburn Records of Births, Deaths, and Marriages, from 1640 to 1873, 1890. In 2:193, "Tidd, Margaret, wife of John, ---, 1651. John, s. of ---, April 24, 1657."
- Tidd, Howard H., A History of the Tidds of Ohio, 1958. On p. 4-7, "... in the year 1637 a certain John Tidd and family were living in Charlestown of the Massachusetts Bay Colony ... In his will, probated several years later, he identifies himself as 'being a tailor'. His former place of residence is given as Hertford, England ... he was admitted to church membership on March 10, 1639 in Charlestown ... On April 23, 1638 ... John Tidd received lot No. 86 ... John acquired eight pieces of land in Charlestown ... signed the 'Town Orders' as original proprietors of what in 1642 was named Woburn ... lived in this place the remainder of his life. He was made sergeant of the training band in Woburn in 1643 and again in 1646, becoming the 'first citizen of Woburn named by a military title in the records.' ... At his death in 1656 his net worth was appraised at £163 ... John Tidd's wife, Margaret, died in Woburn in 1651; later he married Alice, who out-lived him and was mentioned in his will ... On April 9, 1656 John Tidd made his will, and on April 24 of the same year, he died. The will was proved on November 10, 1656 ...'I, John Tidd, senior, of Woburn Town, in the County of Middlesex, Tailor, being in good and perfect memory - bequeath to my beloved wife Alice the house wherein I now dwell together with the orchard and land thereunto belonging - until the day of her death or six years after her next marriage, providing it be kept in good repair, and then to come and remain to my three grandchildren Benjamin Savell, Hannah Savell, and my son Samuel's daughter, equal between them. Item - I give to my two grandchildren, John Savell, and Samuel Savell, twenty shillings to either of them. Item - I, John, do give to my son John the value of £5 to be paid within two years of my decease - It is further my will that my son Savell shall keep the portions bequeathed to my grandchildren till they become of age as well as my son Samuel's daughter, as his own. Item - I give to my two grandchildren, Thomas Fuller and John Kendall, sixteen acres of land lately purchased of Thomas Chamberlain equally to be divided between them, and one parcel of meadow lying in Step Rock to be divided between them also.'"