The Ennis name is certainly Irish in origin. The Ennis tree that I am researching is from Merasheen Island, Newfoundland Canada.
Generation No 1
1. PATRICK2 ENNIS (PATRICK1) was born 1834 in Little Bona , Newfoundland. He married ANNE HENNESSEY 1867, daughter of JOHN HENNESSEY and LUCY MOVELLE. Children of PATRICK ENNIS and ANNE HENNESSEY are:
2. i. JOHN3 ENNIS, b. August 10, 1867, Merasheen, Newfoundland; d. Abt. 1944, Grand Falls Newfoundland.
3. ii. JOHANNA ENNIS, b. February 27, 1874, Merasheen, Newfoundland.
4. iii. LUCY ENNIS, b. August 20, 1869, Merasheen, Newfoundland.
iv. MARY ENNIS, b. August 25, 1876, Merasheen, Newfoundland.
v. WILLIAM ENNIS, b. 1878, Merasheen, Newfoundland.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN3 ENNIS (PATRICK2, PATRICK1) was born August 10, 1867 in Merasheen, Newfoundland, and died Abt. 1950 in Grand Falls Newfoundland. He married MARY BARRY 1894, daughter of JAMES BARRY and ELIZABETH MCCARTHY.
Children of JOHN ENNIS and MARY BARRY are:
6. i. LOUIS ENNIS, b. March 22, 1897, Merasheen, Newfoundland; d. December 19, 1982, Pittsburgh Pa.
7. ii. JAMES ENNIS, b. 1901, Merasheen, Newfoundland; d. 1989 Grand Falls
iii. ELIZABETH ANNE ENNIS, b. 1903.
8. iv. ALICE ENNIS, b. June 11, 1905, Merasheen, Newfoundland; d. June 24, 1962, Providence RI.
3. JOHANNA3 ENNIS (PATRICK2, PATRICK1) was born February 27, 1874 in Merasheen, Newfoundland. She married PATRICK WALSH November 28, 1908, son of THOMAS WALSH and MARY BREATHWAITE.
Child of JOHANNA ENNIS and PATRICK WALSH is:
i. MARY4 WALSH,
4. LUCY3 ENNIS (PATRICK2, PATRICK1) was born August 20, 1869 in Merasheen, Newfoundland. She married PHILIP PITTMAN November 13, 1892, son of MICHAEL PITTMAN and CATHERINE VISCOUNT.
Children of LUCY ENNIS and PHILIP PITTMAN are:
i. MARY TERESA4 PITTMAN, b. August 27, 1893.
ii. THOMAS PITTMAN, b. April 24, 1894.
iii. CECILIA PITTMAN, b. May 08, 1898.
iv. MICHAEL PATRICK PITTMAN, b. June 06, 1901.
v. WILLIAM PITTMAN,
5. WILLIAM3 ENNIS (PATRICK2, PATRICK1) was born 1878 in Merasheen, Newfoundland. He married ELIZABETH MCCARTHY, daughter of JAMES MCCARTHY and HONORAH NORMAN.
Child of WILLIAM ENNIS and ELIZABETH MCCARTHY is:
9. i. VINCENT4 ENNIS,
Generation No. 3
6. LOUIS4 ENNIS (JOHN3, PATRICK2, PATRICK1) was born March 22, 1897 in Merasheen, Newfoundland, and died December 19, 1982 in Pittsburgh Pa. He married MAUDE BARRON 1931, daughter of MICHAEL BARRON and BRIDGET GRIFFIN of Dunville, Newfoundland.
Children of LOUIS ENNIS and MAUDE BARRON are:
i. JOHN JOSEPH5 ENNIS,
10. ii. WILLIAM VINCENT ENNIS,
11. iii. ROBERT LOUIS ENNIS,
12. iv. PATRICIA MARY ENNIS.
7. JAMES4 ENNIS (JOHN3, PATRICK2, PATRICK1) was born 1901. He married MARY RYAN 1932, daughter of JEREMIAH RYAN and ELIZABETH WITHERS.
Children of JAMES ENNIS and MARY RYAN are:
13. i. ANGELA5 ENNIS,
14. ii. TERESA ENNIS,
15. iii. MARIE ENNIS,
iv. ANNE ENNIS.
8. ALICE4 ENNIS (JOHN3, PATRICK2, PATRICK1) was born June 11, 1905 in Merasheen, Newfoundland, and died June
24, 1962 in Providence RI. She married LEO HOULIHAN.
Children of ALICE ENNIS and LEO HOULIHAN are:
i. ANGELA5 HOULIHAN, d. April 1995
ii. JOHN VINCENT HOULIHAN, d. 1959 Graymoor Garrison, NY
9. VINCENT4 ENNIS (WILLIAM3, PATRICK2, PATRICK1) was born 1909 in Merasheen, Newfoundland. He married MARY CARROLL 1934, daughter of JOHN CARROLL and ELIZABETH REDDY.
Children of VINCENT ENNIS and MARY CARROLL are:
i. ELIZABETH5 ENNIS,
ii. WILLIAM MARY ENNIS,
iii. MARY RITA ENNIS,
iv ANNA NORAH ENNIS,
v. VINCENT ENNIS,
vi. MARY ELLEN ENNIS
vii. MARY C ENNIS
viii. RITA ENNIS,
ix. TERESA MARY ENNIS
x. JOHN JOSEPH ENNIS,
xi. PETER JOACHIM ENNIS,
xii. JEROME ENNIS,
xiii. SHELIA MARIE ENNIS.
Currently I am researching the Barron and Griffin names from Northeast Placentia and Dunville Newfoundland. Michael Barron born about 1850 and married to Bridget Griffin about 1880.
Michael's father was William Barron married to Sarah Reilly. I have a lot of Barron names but it is difficult to piece this puzzle together. Michael Barron died in Dunville, Newfoundland in 1931. I searched far and wide in that area and I have yet to find his grave. I am starting to believe that he may have been buried in Argentia and was moved when the US Naval Base was built in 1944.
e-mail: [email protected]