50th Edition
First issue         November, 1920


                                 FEBRUARY, 2011


Trojan Head designed by  
Kermit Ruyle '47

19 Months until

 Reunion 2012



October Birthdays
Page 4

Missing Alumni
in January:

No new
alumni found


2011 WHS Club - Membership Drive

Club Application

Keep your membership current.

$10.00 for email
$15.00 for USPS mail
2011 Members
Thanks for your support

Happy Valentines Day










The Wellston Loop:
The Golden Years of the Community

by: Dr. Linda Tate -
Daughter of Bonnie Landsbury '56

After World War I and well into the 1950s, Wellston reached a golden era – a very dynamic time for the community. During this period, it reached a tremendous height of popularity as a shopping, business, and transportation district.

“A community for which there are no official census figures has, perhaps, the largest population in the St. Louis suburban empire,” claimed one writer in 1946. “Vigorous, noisy, busy Wellston, hugging a part of the mother city’s western boundary, some seven miles from the downtown section, has been referred to as the ‘Western Gateway to St. Louis.’”

Perhaps most remembered by Wellstonians and visitors to Wellston was the shopping district centered on Easton Ave. Close to the Wellston Loop, the street was always full of people coming and going. Marie Landsbury, mother of Bonnie '55 and Louise '54, moved to Wellston in 1928 and lived there until 1969, said, “There was nothing you couldn’t get in Wellston that you’d have to go anywhere else to get. When I came up here, on Saturday especially, everybody turned out.”

The writers of the Works Projects Administration would have agreed. In their 1941 book on Missouri, they wrote:
Along the ever crowded street are open stalls for vegetables and flowers, crates of chickens and geese, and the tantalizing odors of herring and dill. Here are cut-rate stores, variety shops, credit clothing houses, furniture and second-hand dealers, shooting galleries, and delicatessens and everywhere up and down the street, the signs of fortune tellers, faith healers, and astrologers.

The streetcar system in Wellston had become one of the major transportation hubs in St. Louis and, some have said, in the Midwest. A.J. Fink, general superintendent in the 1940s of the Public Service Company, which served the part of Wellston located in the City of St. Louis, said, “Four street car lines and three bus lines of the PSC operate to and from Wellston. In a day they will move some 40,000 passengers in and out of the section.”

Arthur F. Bangert, who operated the St. Louis County Bus Company, said his company had a terminal in the county part of Wellston which ran seven bus lines and served 25,000 people daily. According to statistics of the Department of Streets and Sewers of St. Louis, the intersection of Easton and Hodiamont Avenues “is comparable to some of St. Louis’ busiest [intersections]. During a 12-hour period, a count showed 11,500 automobiles passing through the intersection as compared to 13,500 at Grand and Olive.”

Robert Hereford, writer for the St. Louis Star-Times, wrote, “The Wellston scene, during the evening rush hour when crowds pour from the stores and mill about the two terminals, is a composite of Broadway and Olive during the noon hour and Union Station anytime.”

So central had Wellston been to mass transportation in St. Louis that the Hodiamont Streetcar line – a staple of Wellston life – was the last St. Louis streetcar, ceasing operation in 1966. Its last stop was the Wellston Loop.

[The above article was taken from the Blog of Dr. Tate who is collecting data for a new book she is writing about Wellston]



Page 2                                                                                      FEBRUARY, 2011


    How do you store your pictures?   Framing, scrap-booking or sticking them in shoeboxes? With the advent of digital photography, there are several options for sharing the photos you love, making them last a good, long time: You can either: Email,  scan  or use US Postage (If photos are to be returned, please include return US Mail postage.)                              

Jim Shaw '45 (1464 Morton Ave) was able to name most of the WHS Peppers shown in the photo to the right.

From front to back are: Dorothy Herren, Virginia Caudle, Janette Helling, Betty Jean Lloyd, Bob Purvis and Bill Goetz.
 All the girls were from his class of '45. Bill Goetz was in the class of '48.

Photo sent in by Roby Watson '43
(6428 Wells) appearing in the December '10 Flashlight.



Three Wellston brothers served their country at the same time during WWII, the Haefners. Ray '37 (who married Virginia Becker '38), Albert '42 and Leland '44. Al and Ray had not seen each other in over two years before they were able to meet in London on a 24-hour leave.

Pfc. Al, who was a 20 year-old infantrymen was killed in action on December 18th in Belgium. Al didn't have the right to vote or buy a drink as he defended his country.

Class of 1953
Taken in1949

Here is a picture from Virginia Clark's collection which has been preserved by her sister, Janice '61, of the girls from the 1949 graduating class of Wellston Junior High School. They would graduate from Wellston High School with the class of 1953.

The Clarks lived at 6136 Wagner Avenue

Click picture to enlarge.  Please contact us if you can identify any of the girls.



Page 3


Sandy (Gibbons) LaRouche '57

The Hodiamont streetcar played a singular role in my life which is to say I spent hours on it and the Page-Wellston bus. I read many good books while I rode the rails and commuted on Big Red.
     When I graduated from WHS in 1957 there were no junior colleges. I lived with my aunt and uncle and I certainly couldn't afford to go to college. The tiny little scholarships offered me couldn't possibly help me.  I thought my education was over.
     I finally attended college when I was 47 but by then I began Maryville University with 85 hours of credit for "life experience" and finished in 3 years going on the weekends. My husband taught there to pay my tuition.
    But at age 18 education and jobs eluded me. I quit Rembrandt Studios when I felt "unsafe" in the darkroom. Today, I would just file a sexual harassment suit and be done with it.
    Through a job placement service in Wellston, I eventually got a job at Commercial Credit Rating, the St. Louis credit bureau. I had to pay 80% of one month’s wages to get that job. My gross salary was $175 per month. I became a credit interviewer and worked at 3333 Lindell Blvd., a pink building at the Lindell and Olive wedge.
    To supplement this grand salary, I got a second job at Biederman's Furniture Co. 800 Franklin Ave. (now Martin Luther King Dr.) I worked days at the credit bureau from 8:15 to 5 and at Biederman's from 5:30 to 9:30. Then I took the Hodiamont street car home and walked up the hill to my home at 6322 Ridge. On Saturday I worked 8 hours at Biederman's’ and that was like a holiday to me.
    There was a strange phenomenon that happened every weeknight on the Hodiamont streetcar. The car would be swaying along at a pretty good clip through the alley right of way, when the lights would begin to flicker and then dim.
    The streetcar would slow to a walking pace.  The folding doors would open on their own. It was eerie. Everything would be very quiet.  The streetcar would inch along for about 2 minutes. Then the lights would brighten, the doors slam shut and we would pick up speed again.
     felt like the streetcar was haunted, not by the flashers who sometimes showed their "wares" in the back of the streetcar (never sit back there) or the drunks who staggered off and on, or the hardworking people, like myself, on their way home from a second shift.  What made it happen, I wondered.
    Later on somebody told me that Public Service (remember that name?) shifted power sources at about 10 p.m. every night.  Maybe that's what it was, but then again, maybe the Hodiamont streetcar was just plain haunted. Maybe the ghost of Emanuel de Hodiamont didn’t like his name being given to a streetcar.

Ralph Stege '43 of 6451 Derby wrote: "Did you know that Hayden Purviance - class of 1943 (6230 Lenox) won a Yo-Yo Contest at his Aunt's (the mother of LaVerne Purviance) Confectionary store across from the Junior High (old High School) on Ella Avenue?"
(Hayden lost his life defending our country during WWII.)

Carolyn Smith '44 and her husband Jim Jacob celebrated their 60th anniversary last July. (Carolyn is holding their wedding picture).

They met while Carolyn attended Missouri University - Columbia. She graduated in '50 with a teaching degree. They married the day after graduation and remained in Columbia where Jim owned a business.

Carolyn started her career as a teacher then became a-stay-at-home mom when they began their family. They have four children, seven grandchildren and one great-grandchild. She has been blessed with good health, still plays tennis, and belongs to 4 Canasta groups. Peggy (Kahler) Queathem '46 belongs to one of them. The girls have remained friends since school. Both enjoy keeping up with their former classmates by reading the Flashlight Newsletter. Carolyn lived at 6432 Wellsmar.

Terry Hatridge '57 finished his schooling at UMSL and LSU. After graduating he went into the banking industry. After serving some 40+ years, he says he has retired for the 4th and last time this past December 31, 2010.

Terry read in the Flashlight newsletter that many of the alumni from his WHS era wintered in the Destin area. Since the weather had been so crappy in Missouri, he and his wife, LaVerne, packed up and headed south to the emerald beaches of Destin, FL where the weather was much warmer than his home town and the area came with a promise of 'no snow'!

While having lunch at McGuire's Pub, a local restaurant in Destin, they ran into some other Wellstonites; Lee Andra ('59) and Sandra ('61) Laburay and JoAnn Williams '60.  Lee Andra and Sandra did not attend WHS but Lee Andra graduated from the 8th grade school. The family moved after her graduation. The Laburays lived at 1474a Laurel. The Hatridge family lived at 1538 Oak Grove, and the Williams family lived at
6140 Wagner Avenue.

Sandra Hague '59 was surprised for her 70th birthday by family and friends at Rizzo's Restaurant (O'Fallon, MO) who had gathered to celebrate the special milestone in her life. Sandie and her brother, Wayne '62 are shown together on the right. (Click picture to enlarge).

The Hagues lived at: 6354 Hobart

                     10th Reunion
Nortre Dame de Lourdes 
May 18th, 2011
Luncheon 11:30 am

Grappa Grill
(St. Charles, MO)
Contact: Jerry Sullivan,
[email protected]




     Page 4

                              FEBRUARY, 2011




Our Wellston Trojan

Classmates Remembered List
Rest in Peace


Betty (Gatlin) Ferris - Class of 1952 passed away on 1/7/2011.

Fred Rolfe - Class of 1949 passed away 1/7/2011 from cancer when progressed into his pancreas from his prostate.  Fred was a retired buyer from Boeing. He was an avid bowler and golfer, playing on the PGA. He bowled (3) 300 games and, at the age of 69, shot his age. The Rolfe family lived at 6437 Leschen, Hillsdale. Guest Book

John McGlasson - Class of 1955 passed away 1/9/2011 from lung cancer. John was a retiree from McDonnell Douglas where he had invented and patented several tools which the company still uses today. John was caregiver to his beloved wife, Jan who suffers from MS. The McGlassons' lived in the 6400 block of Chatham Avenue. Guest Book
Clara Louise Fricke ` Class of 1947 passed away 1/15/11 from complications of cancer. Clara Louise was retired from Normandy School District where she taught kindergarten for many years along with remedial reading. After retiring she was a volunteer in her daughter's classroom which was also in the Normandy School District.
The Fricke family lived on northwest corner of Delaware and Wagner Avenue where her father's Justice of the Peace office was located. Guest Book
Condolences to:
Mary Jane Daniel '51
in the loss of her daughter, Janine, 12/2210 from Huntington's Disease. Mary Jane lived at 6507 Mount Ave, Hillsdale.

Barbara (Sittner) Merriman '51
in the loss of her husband, Harold, 12/27/10 of dementia complications. Barb lived at 1523 Valle.

Sharon Short '62
in the passing of her 13 year-old grandson, Luke Baker suddenly from a seizure on 12/6/10. Sharon lived at 6410 Page Ave

The late Maxine '47, Gene '53 and Gerry '56 Rolfe in the passing of their brother Fred '49 1/7/11 The family lived at 6437 Leschen, Hillsdale

Larry Turner '60
in the loss of his mother, Idella Turner 1/25/11. The Turners lived at
6450 Ridge Avenue

"The loss of John McGlasson is indeed a sad day for the class of 1955. John was always a leader, the first in so many ways and it looks like he’s first again in leading the way for us." Bill Eggert - Class of 1955

                                                          Prayers are needed for:
 Lowell Fletcher '62
who is suffering with terminal cancer


Feb 1 Marian Wimpee '46
Darlene Bonstell '55
Feb 7 Rich Adams '55 Feb 18   Mary Fears '64
Feb 2

Feb 3
Edward Glover '49
Phyliss Crouch '62

Barbara Hill '59
Feb 11

Feb 13
Glenda Barker '57

Paul Cointin '58
Eleanor Mack '61
Feb 20    Marion Moellering '51       
Feb 21     Robert H. Smith '49

Feb 4

Feb 5


Gary Polkinghorne '66

Linda Price '54



Jimmy Haislip '54

Feb 25   Jerry Cebe '57

    Wilma Refield '60




     Page 5

                                 FEBRUARY, 2011

Foul Balls Don’t Score Many Runs

By: Larry L. Bollinger (Bobo) Class of 1960
1561 Ogden
Part I

Growing up in Wellston, Missouri brings to mind many fond memories. Playing baseball at the corner lot is one of them. The lot was bounded by Ogden Ave., the alleys of Wellsmar Ave. and Wellston Ave., and by the Randazzo residence. Many times, I crossed diagonally across this lot to get a loaf of bread etc. at Klein’s grocery store. Everybody used the lot as a short-cut, and a well-defined city cow-path was formed across it.

The lot was often used for playing ball by the kids in the neighborhood. Maybe Jerry McBride would bring a bat, Roger Ashenbremer would bring a ball, and everybody who had a glove would bring one. Often times, there were not sufficient gloves to go around, so when you came in from the field to bat, you would leave your glove in the field. In doing so, most everybody got a glove. If you were left handed, you just made do with a right handed glove. Sides were chosen; first pick was determined by doing the hands-on- the-bat thing. Our bases were made out of what was laying around the lot; a board, brick, piece of tin, etc. were all appropriate. The infield was somewhat worn down especially around the bases. The outfield area was pretty rugged terrain; but the name of the game was play ball, and we did.

As I mentioned earlier, the Randazzo property was adjacent. Mr. Randazzo was a police officer. Depending upon his duty hours, it was sometimes necessary for him to sleep during the day. The left side of our ball field was along his backyard and his bedroom window was adjacent to left field. Larry is at bat and he pulls a pitch a bit; and shortly thereafter, there is a sound of breaking glass. Apparently, Mr. Randazzo was dressed and ready to go to work. He comes out of the house and yells at us, “Kids, come over here”. We didn’t run, although I must admit that the thought did flash into my head. “Did you kids break my window?” “Yes, we did”. Some said, “Larry did, Sir”. “Well, the window will have to be fixed.” “Yes, sir”.

Now what do we do? Well we are going to fix the window! I think it was Ronnie Oellermann that said, “I know where some old windows are”. Anyhow, we wound up in an old garage behind the Oellermann’s house just down the street from the ball lot. Now let me tell you, it isn’t an easy task to get a pane of glass out of an old window frame!  Finally, after several unsuccessful attempts, we did get a pane of glass. Guess what, it wasn’t the right size. Not a problem for us Wellston kids, we will cut it to fit. Let me tell you, conventional tools like a hand saw, tin snips, etc. are not designed for glass cutting. I don’t know if Mr. Oellermann ever needed the windows in that old shed; if he did, we sure didn’t leave him much to work with. Well, we had to come up with plan “B” as plan “A” didn’t work too well. So Larry decided he would tell his dad what happened when he came in from work (my dad walked to and from work each day and took his lunch). Like many other dads in the Wellston community, he was employed by Wagner Electric Corporation.

Well, Larry was dreading talking to his dad. At supper time, I began telling my dad about the window incident at the ball field. Somewhat to my surprise, my dad said something like, “Son, finish eating your supper, then we will measure the window and get a new pane at Central Hardware”. After supper, my dad showed me how to remove the old putty from the window frame and we cleaned up the old broken glass (dad didn’t want anybody to get hurt). We then took measurements for a new pane; I noticed that these measurements seemed to be very important to him, and they were rechecked just to make sure they were correct on the piece of paper before we departed for the hardware store. My dad also instructed me to save all those triangle metal things to be reused later, and that we had putty and a putty knife at our house that would be needed.

My dad and I walked down to the hardware store. Dad showed the man at the hardware store the piece of paper with the size of the glass needed. The man asked my dad, single strength or double strength. My dad said double strength, which was more costly. I didn’t say anything as things were going pretty well for Larry. I wondered why the more expensive glass was purchased as we could have gotten by with a lesser expense. Nothing was said about the cost and repayment. Larry expected the cost of the glass would come out of and deplete his grass mowing monies (Ouch). This did not happen, and I think I now know and understand my dad’s reasoning.

My dad and I returned to the Randazzo residence by way of our house to pick up the putty etc. The new window pane was installed that evening using the metal triangle things that held the glass. We could have skipped the metal things which did take extra time, but my dad said it was important. From the exterior appearance, nobody would have known we skipped this step, but that wasn’t my dad’s way of doing things. I was then shown how to apply the putty and smooth it out nice and even. It was a quality job and looked good compared to the adjacent pane. 

 Upon completion of the window, my dad looked around at the vacant lot. My dad didn’t say much; but when he did speak, it was probably worth paying attention. Best I can recall, he said something like this; “It would be good if you didn’t do that again” which I interpreted as him saying, “Son, you did get into that pitch pretty good; but you will score more runs if you keep it within the foul lines, and just maybe, a change is in order”.  We departed and went home.

I think I learned much more that day than baseball strategy and window repair. Maybe hitting a foul now and then isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The next summer, Larry became a member of the Hillsdale Boy’s Club and played baseball on a real field without any windows nearby. The wisdom of a dad, I think he was both saddened and pleased that I was growing up and that a larger playing field was now in order. He was preparing me for life.

I lost my dad at an early age in my life while attending college. Thank you dad for the many things you taught me by example before you departed this earth. I also thank you for not yelling, preaching, and lecturing to me. I mostly learned by observing your kind and soft spoken actions. In doing so, I was able to pick up on your deep rooted Christian faith and His principles. Yes dad, it worked, and I got the message!

Dad, some of your tools (hammers, putty knifes, etc.) are in my Bollinger County shop today. It’s always a warm feeling when I use them! Maybe Bradley Wade and Diana Lynn, your grand kids whom you never met, will enjoy them as well. I plan to pass them on. This article is, in part, a tribute to my dad, Hammond John Bollinger (January 12, 1909 – June 28, 1965).

Part 2 will appear in the March Flashlight




     Page 6                                                                                      FEBRUARY, 2011

Change your Lifestyle,
Curb your Cravings

by: Mari (Treadway) Roades '65 (6523 Mount Ave)| FLASHLIGHT REPORTER

I love the New Year!  It’s a great time to evaluate your life, our passions, your decisions, and your goals.  For some it may be spending more time with family, for others it may be curbing spending but for thousands goals often include weight loss.

While most weight loss programs focus on types of food, caloric intake, and exercise, one crucial piece is often missing…how to curb emotional eating.

Emotional eating—craving and consuming foods you are addicted to—occurs when you cannot or will not allow your self to feel, express, or deal with negative feelings.  These emotions usually include grief, sadness, depression, anger, resentment, fear, boredom, anxiety, and low self-esteem and self-worth. We’ve all certainly experienced one or more of those emotions from time to time.

However, these feelings don’t just disappear.  If you cannot deal with them as they arise, a common protective mechanism is to avoid experiencing them on an emotional level and instead shut them away or bury them in your body.  Emotional eating is a common way of doing this.  Instead of feeling sad, worthless, angry or resentful, you anesthetize yourself by bingeing on foods like potato chips, pizza, or ice cream. In other words, you eat instead of feel.

If you don’t learn how to avoid emotional eating, then your weight loss efforts will be difficult at best.  You must learn to treat the feeling, not the craving.

The first step to curbing your cravings is to avoid dieting and focus on eating sensibly.  Any diet that restrains and deprives is doomed to fail.  Instead consider the luxury of a Mediterranean-type diet, which is lush with delicious fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, chicken and whole grains.  Replace canned foods and other processed foods in your pantry with a rich palette of colors and textures so scrumptious by themselves that they require little preparation, and leave you feeling satisfied and well fed.  Unlike so-called comfort food offer you the needed nutrition and are proven to increase positive emotions.

If you become hungry between meals, don’t deprive yourself. Allow yourself to have a sensible treat, like gluten-free cookies, a tasty fruit, vegetable or nuts.  When researchers in a recent study compared the length of satisfaction from eating an apple, versus a cup of applesauce, versus drinking a cup of apple juice, they found that the juice and the sauce did very little to reduce hunger.  But the whole fruit significantly satisfied and help hunger at bay for up to three hours. (March 2009 Journal of American Dietetic Association).

Also void the comfort foods typically chosen by men:  salty snacks.  Among other unhealthy features, it is far to easy to gobble up several servings before you feel full.  And, they increase thirst for sweetened drinks—another no-no.

My view:  If you have a craving that isn’t the best for you…..have a bite or a reasonable amount and then eat an apple…..Love, Love, Love…..Stay Relaxed in 2011!



     Page 7                                                                                    FEBRUARY, 2011

Memories of Sutter Field

by: Roger Noon '62 | FLASHLIGHT REPORTER
(6418 Mount Avenue)

The lead article about Sutter Field a few issues ago in the Flashlight brought to mind some memories of the place for me as well.

Strange, I don’t remember much about the house itself because I must have been focused on what was going on behind it, like sports events.  All I remember was  our bus driver, Mr. Saffley lived there.

The first memory was a Junior High field day at Sutter. That memory was a particularly good one because I have a couple of running medals as a prized possession.  I also recall (perhaps it was at the same time) watching Bob Saffley of the high school football team practice punting the ball for what I thought was an enormous height and distance. I thought-I could never do that! And I was right, I never did that!

The second memory was a little more painful. When I went out for track in High School, we wore those thin pants and shirts. In cold freezing weather (before I knew about sweatpants and hoodies), I practiced on the field and developed what was called at the time “lumbago” (lower back strain). I remember going to Dr. Toon’s office in the Wellston Loop for treatment being bent over with pain, but getting some kind of treatment in which one experiences hot and cold in a few minutes. (Can you imagine this, Roger Noon to see Dr. Toon!)

I think I am correct (or at least hope so!) that the track was made from cinder which made it an interesting running surface. I still have some cinder under the skin in my left knee where I fell down and did not get the cinder completely out. Guess one could call it a “battle scar.”

But like most of the students of WHS, the field is best remembered for all the football games played there. When I was in the marching band, I remember mostly a muddy field and gray skies during those seasons.  There was one particular game when our band took to the field at half time. The field was so muddy it really did a number on our uniforms (remember the black/red ones with the soldier type hats and epaulets on the shoulder)?  I remember during a transition formation from one song to another, my snare drum flew off the brace for it on my leg and I was wildly trying to march and hit the drum at the same time! (The drummers gave the “cadence beat” that kept the band in step). There were probably less than 25 people in the band. Our “formations” left something to be desired, but I heard some very good instrumentalists and we did try-wavy lines and all!

Although our guys gave it their best shot, our teams did not come away victorious very often. I remember one Homecoming Game we were beat by a big score (remember the floats with borrowed trailers, chicken wire and tissue paper)? But since we managed to score a touchdown on the other team, it was enough of a “victory” for us and we celebrated anyway. Why be sad when Homecoming was meant to be fun!

Can’t say I met any Alumni at the Homecomings or would have known what to say if I did. But I do recall Mr. Stigall talking about Norm Siebern with the Yankees who played at Sutter Field.     Roger Noon WHS 62 (Hillsdale)

Wellston High School Flashlight shining a light on our traditions,
our history and our future



     Page 8

                                FEBRUARY, 2011

Bill Voos (’48)
Sandy (Gibbons) LaRouche ’57
JoAnn (Williams) Croce ’60
Bea McBride '66

Mary Kay (Parker) Morse '56

Jim Shaw '45

Joe Hunter '54
Gloria (Schwenk) Turner '59
Larry Turner '60
JoAnn (Williams) Croce '60
Phyllis (Crouch) Russom '62

Buzz Book
Pat (Miner) Slatton '62

ClassMates Remembered
Carol (Beeman) Hathaway '60

WHS Alumni Club
P.O. Box 774
O'Fallon, MO 63366

Phone  636-696-4693
(Office closed until April 1st)


[email protected]



Email address are available online:

Reconnect to your class friends and neighborhood playmates.
If you would like to be listed send us a note!


Cleaning for a Reason

 If you know any woman currently undergoing chemotherapy, please pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE housecleaning - once per month for 4 months while she is in treatment. All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment.

Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service. This organization serves the entire USA and currently has 547 participating partners. It's our job to pass the word and let them know that there are people out there that care.

Be a blessing to someone and pass this information along.

                  Signs you're getting older

~ Everything hurts and what doesn't hurt doesn't work.
~ The gleam in your eyes is from the sun hitting your bi-focal.
~ You keep repeating yourself.
~ You feel like the morning after and you haven't been anywhere.
~ Your little black book contains only names that end in M.D.
~ Your children begin to look middle aged.
~ You keep repeating yourself.
~ You finally reach the top of the ladder and find it leaning against the wrong wall.
~ Your mind makes contracts your body can't meet.
~ You look forward to a dull evening.
~ Your favorite part of the newspaper is "20 Years Ago Today."
~ You turn out the lights for economic rather than romantic reasons.
~ You sit in a rocking chair and can't get it going.
~ Your knees buckle, and your belt won't.
~ You're 17 around the neck, 42 around the waist, and 105 around the golf course.
~ Your back goes out more than you do.
~ You sink your teeth into a steak, and they stay there.
~ You have too much room in the house and not enough in the medicine cabinet.
~ You know all the answers, but nobody asks you the questions.
~ You're asleep, but others worry that you're dead.
~ You're proud of your lawn mower.
~ Your best friend is dating someone half their age...and isn't breaking any laws.
~ Your arms are almost too short to read the newspaper.
~ You would rather go to work than stay home sick.
~ You make an appointment to see the dentist.
~ People call at 9 pm and ask, "Did I wake you?"
~ You have a dream about prunes.
~ You answer a question with, "Because I said so."
~ You send money to PBS.
~ The end of your tie doesn't come anywhere near the top of your pants.
~ You take a metal detector to the beach.
~ You wear black socks with sandals.
~ You can't remember the last time you laid on the floor to watch TV.
~ Your ears and nose are hairier than your head.

Send in Your Story! Let us know where you’ve been and what you’ve done with your life.  Everyone loves a good story – what better reading then about someone you know!! 


01/29/2011 08:44:42 PM