The roots of my family tree have spread from the lost German lands of East Prussia and Pomerania, from the green fields of Sweden, from the valleys of Slovenia.
Branches have spread across the ocean and spanned the North American continent.
My mission is to dig ever deeper in search of our ancestors -- but also to seek out and contact living relatives wherever they may be -- so that these names from the past are not lost to the future. In that spirit, these pages are dedicated to the memory of my grandmother,
whose devotion to the family and its history got me started!
David Alan Heinrich July 6, 1992 - March 9, 2017
Robert George Strohm August 1, 1929 - November 18, 2016
Press CONTENTS to see roots and branches of Ziemer's Tree
Our German ancestors have left us with several mysteries -- perhaps someone out there can help?
- Carl Ziemer - could this be the father of Martin, our immigrant ancestor?
- M.I.A. -- Whatever Happened to Friedrich the Prussian? Friedrich Robert HEINRICH, the immigrant Fritz's father, was said to have died when Fritz was a year old. What happened to him?
- "Prussian Roots" pages explore the background of Fritz Heinrich and his parents, as well as the Roloff and Gergolla Families. But we still have not identified Carl Roloff's brickyard in Elbing or Augusta's home in Marienwerder.
- The Lost Grave of Carl Albert Roloff. Lost in a Dakota Territory blizzard? Eaten by wolves? Or just buried out on the prairie and forgotten? We may never know, but many details have come to light about the pioneering Roloffs and Gergollas. Read about them in HEINRICHS and ROLOFFS in America!
Our visit to Sweden led to the exciting rediscovery of the family in Öland -- but there is much more to research. Cousins Kjell Oscarson and Mildred Gröndin continue to come up with more items of interest, such as the old photos of the Olson family and Emma Christine. I've also been in touch with other Swedish-side relatives on the Olson line.
- Karl Bredburg's parents are still unknown
- More on the history of the Family Home at Askelunda in Öland
- The History and Genealogy of the ECKLUND Family from Charlevoix, Michigan is on line, but is always in need of updating.
- Likewise the History of the Nels Alfred Olson Family has been explored, but I still would like to contact descendants of John Olson's daughters.
- Radovan, The Runaway Overseer -- Louis's father was found at last! But what of the Radovans he left behind in Slovenia. I'd like to find some of the relatives on that side of the family.
THE LATEST FROM SLOVENIA -- I haven't heard much from our Mozina relatives since our cousin Bojan of Ljubljana passed away last year. We hope to keep up the relationship with brothers Joze and Tomaz and their families, as well as Bojan's children.
Last Updated on Saturday, 08-Sep-2018 04:25:59 MDT
RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE