Ferry WEST END from Brownsville, PA docked for repairs at the Elizabeth Marine Ways
October 30, 1911. The Ferry
WEST END and the Ferry Flat shown in the photos above were used in
Brownsville during the dismantling of the covered bridge and the
construction of the new iron bridge, 1910 to 1914, over the Monongahela at Brownsville,
photos above are from the collection of David Gratz, a Brownsville
Historian. This photo was taken during the demolition of the old
covered bridge, 1910, over the Monongahela at Brownsville, PA.