Charles Ira 'Chuck" Weathers
M, #40689, (1923 - 1990)
- Reference: [40689:J]
- Birth*: 7 Jan 1923.1,2,3,4
- Marriage*: 7 Jan 1944, Bette Ione Scrogin, Kelso, Cowlitz Co, WA.2,3,4
- Death*: 19 Sep 1990.1,2,3,4
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Charles I. Weathers," SSN: 544-12-5737, issued: OR.1
- Birth of son: 26 Feb 1953, Steven Douglas Weathers, Hood River, Hood River Co, OR.5
- Father of Groom: 16 Dec 1967, Charles Scott Weathers and Margaret Aileen Duckwall, Hood River, Hood River Co, OR.
- Father of Groom: 16 Dec 1971, Steven Douglas Weathers and Debra Joyce Langley.5
- Death of son: 1990, Steven Douglas Weathers.5
- Obituary (Deceased Husband): Of Bette Ione Scrogin, 8 May 2002, News-Times, Newport, Lincoln Co, OR.4
Children of Charles Ira 'Chuck" Weathers & Bette Ione Scrogin
- Last Edited: 15 May 2004
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.
- [S1575] Amanda Reed, Database: ":2551348."
- [S1576] Jeffrey W. Bryant, Database: "bryajw2."
- [S1577] Obituary: Bette Weathers (Bette Ione Scrogin), Newport News-Times, Newport, OR, 8 May 2002, A-7News-Times, Newport, OR May 8, 2002 A-7
Bette Weathers, 76, died April 21, 2002 in Newport.
She was born Jan. 20, 1926 in Woodland, Wash., to Nathaniel Earl and Ruby Amelia (Stanley) Scrogin.
She was raised, educated and spent most of her life in Hood River.
She married Charles Ira Weathers in Kelso, Wash., on Jan. 7, 1944.
She worked for Diamond Fruit Growers for 20 years as a fresh fruit picker. She and her husband purchased and operated the Westside Grocery Store from 1967 to 1980. They then retired and moved to Newport.
She enjoyed knitting and crafts, which she shared with family and charities. After her husband's death, she volunteered at the Newport Senior Center for many years, joined a pinochle club, attended weekly Bible study, and attended the First Christian Church in Newport. (Lincoln Co.)
She is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, Charles Scott and Margaret Weathers of Hood River, grandsons Charles Edward Weathers of Hood River and Steven Ray Weathers of Stanfield; a sister, Shirlee Kerr of Hood River; and a step-brother, Phil Semas of Adelphi, Md. She was preceded in death by her husband, Charles Weathers, in 1990; her younger son, Steven Douglas Weathers, in 1990; a stepsister, Nancy Semas, in March 2002; and both parents.
Graveside services were held April 30 at Idlewild Cemetery in Hood River. A memorial service will take place at the First Christian Church in Newport at 1 p.m. Saturday. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Gorge, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, the local Relay for Life, or a charity of choice in care of Anderson's Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont, Hood River, Ore. 97031.
- [S50] Jeffrey Bryant <e-mail address>, "Hood River Genealogical Information - Selected Families and Individuals from Public Records", 23 Jan 2004 [16 May 2004]