Thomas Larkin Finney and wife Florence Elana (Goswick) Morris, Finney
holding grandchildren (will name later)
the baby is: John Williams (g-son) who has contributed this picture
and many others. (go to other pictures)
View 1930 census of Dave and Florence Morris.
View Pic of Dave Morris born 1900 died 1933
FLORENCE ELANA (GOSWICK) MORRIS, FINNEY
SOME OF HER DESCENDANTS
back to main
Florence Elana Goswick b. Nov.09,1907 Ar. d: Dec.10,1972
(m)lst. June.05,1922 Yell Co.Ar.
(m)2nd. June.15,1935 Pineville, Ok.
lst. George David Morris b.Jan.29,1901 Miskogee,Ok. d:Dec.20,1933 Ark.
2nd. Thomas Larkin Finney b.May 21,1892 Iona,AR. d:Sep.23,1967 Illinois
children by George David Morris
1. Elmer Morris b. May 23,1924 Muse ,Ok. (m) Imogene Minnie b.4/06/1930 Casa,Ar.
2. Noni Velma Morris b.Nov.11,1929 Neeley,Ar.(m)Jackie Wooten b.6/22/1926 d:11/16/1992
3. Earl Evert Morris b.2/08/1931 Yell Co.AR. (m)lst. Sue Williams, (m) Merie (?)
4. George David Morris,Jr. b.6/23/1933 Yell Co.Ar. (m) Dolores Castleman
children by Thomas Larkin Finney
5. Christene Finney b. Jan.17,1937 Ok.(m) John D. Williams
6. Thomas Larkin Finney,Jr. b.7/23/1938 Danville,AR.d:9/22/2001(m) Dimple Cherry
7. Doris Finney b. 3/03/1942 Danville,Ar. (m) Pete Latino
8. Howard Lee Finney b. 8/26/1944 Hughes,Ar.
9.Joseph L. Finney b. Dec.27,1946 Rollison,Ar. d:Aug.04,1997(m) Linda Clark
10. Martha Ann Finney (twin)b. Nov.04,1948 Rollison,Ar.d: 4/5/2006 Ar.(m) James A. Mosier
11. Mary Jane Finney (twin) b.Nov.04,1948 Rollison,Ar.(m) Franklin Ray Allman
Florence Elaine (Goswick) Morris, Finney was the daughter of James Plesant Obadiah and Rebecca Jane (Davidson) Goswick of Pope and Yell Co's Arkansas. Her husband George David Morris was the son of Elbert and Zone (Parnell) Morris of Muskogee, Ok..
11/12/2001 From "Mary" Allman
Florence Goswick Morris's 2nd husband Thomas Larkin Finney was the son of Henry William & Martha Jane (Duvall) Finney, Thomas Larkins first wife was Katie Taylor, and they had children , named: Wilburn, Leon, Hazel, Bernice, and Marvin. Thomas Larkin Finney and Florence raised a total of 16 children.
Elmer and Imogene (Minnie) Morris. Pic contributed by dau Jeaney on 5/20/05.
Thank you so very much Jeaney.
Elmer E. Morris b. May 23,
1924 Muse, Oklahoma
died: Feb.24, 2006 (view obit)
(,m) Mar.10,1945 Hughes, Ark.
Imogene Minnie b. Apr. 06,1930 Casa, Ark. died: Nov.20,2004 Danville, Ar.
1. Florence Faye Morris b. Mar.16,1947 Danville,Ar.
2. George David Morris b. Oct.07,1948 Hughes, AR.
3. Jeaney Lynn Morris b. Aug.05,1954 Russellville, AR. (married) Clinton Kimbrough
Mary Jane Finney born Nov.14,1948 Rollison, AR.
(m) Jan.07,1966 Forrest City, AR.
Franklin Ray Allman born Aug.18,1945 Rockport, Indiana
1. Shiela Ann Allman born Apr.09,1967 Forrest City, AR.
2. Kimberly Machelle Allman born Sep.16,1977 Forrest City, AR.
3. Ashley Reene Allman born Aug.19,1980 Forrest City, AR.
1930 LeFlore Co. Oklahoma Muse Township, PineValley Town
Dave Morris age 30 born ca. 1900 Ar. Father born Ar. Mother Ar.
Florence (wife) age 22 born AR. Father Ga. Mother Ms.
Elmer (son) age 5 born Ar. Father Ar. mother Ar.
Velma (dau) age 3 born Ar. Father Ar. mother Ar.
Earl (son) age 4 months born Ar.
I am not sure that these children were born in Ark., as Elmer had mentioned at one time that he was born in Muse, Ok..
George David Morris born 1901 died 1933 with Pneumonia
DANVILLE -- Elmer Elton Morris, 81, of Danville died Friday, Feb. 24, 2006.
He was born May 23, 1924, at Mena to George David and Florence Goswick Morris. He was a retired poultry and cattle farmer, and a member of Danville Assembly of God Church. He was preceded in death by his wife, Imogene Minnie Morris; and his parents.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, George and Jan Morris of Belleville; daughters and sons-in-law, Faye and Darrell Campell of Delaware, and Jeaney and Clinton Kimbrough of Danville; brothers, Earl Morris of South Carolina and George Morris of Indiana; a sister, Velma Wooten of Oklahoma; grandchildren, Justin Kimbrough of Danville, Teresa Tramel of Russellville, Darin Stephens of Clinton and Tina Stephens of Russellville; and great-grandchildren, Cory Stephens of Dardanelle and Gannin Stephens of Clinton.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Danville Assembly of God Church with the Rev. Eddie Birdsong officiating. Burial will be in Moss Creek Cemetery. Arrangements are by Cornwell Funeral Home.
Visitation will be 2-4 p.m. Sunday.
Noni Velma Morris b.Nov.11,1929 Neeley, Ark. Yell Co.
Jackie Wooten b.6/22/1926 d:11/16/1992
Laurel Jean (born no record)
Donnie born March 1954 died age 7 Fort Wayne, Indiana
Susie born Feb. 1955
Joey (born no record)
Donnie Wooten and grandmother Florence (Goswick) Morris, Finney
Picture taken in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Return to top of page
BACK TO MAIN