Cass County, Illinois
CASS COUNTY, ILLINOIS
Cass County was formed in 1837 from Morgan County
and had these townships.
Townships in Cass County in 1984
Land records show our Prices and their relatives buying land in the
following parts of Cass County (1):
- Arenzville twp.
- H. Price- May 1836
- Hugh R. Powell - July 1834
- G. (George?) Powell - August 1835
- Beardstown twp.
- C.H. C. Havekluft - April 1856, October 1856
- Bluff Springs twp.
- C.H. C. Havekluft - September 1856
- Alfred Griffin - May 1855
- Hagener twp.
- C. H. C. Haverkluft - July 1851, July 1852, January 1856,
March 1856, April 1856
- Panther Creek twp.
- Jacob F. Bergen - July 1850, December 1851, March 1853
- Z. D. Robinson - March 1855
- Z. S. Robinson - March 1855
- Philadelphia twp.
- J. Rosenberger - January
- Jacob F. Bergen - November 1832, June 1833
- Sangamon Valley twp.
- C. H. Havekluft - December 1856
- Virginia twp.
- J. Petefish
- January 1836, May 1836
- S. Petefish
- February 1837
- S. & J. Petefish = February 1837
- Adam Price - August 1834, October 1834
- A. Price - December 1836
- Henry Price - April 1835
- Hy (Henry?) Price - January 1835
- J. Rosenberger - January 1839
The extinct town of Princeton is where Jacob Bergen
ran a store and Zirkle Robinson had a tailor shop in 1835. Bergen
still had a store there in 1860 as the town declined.
(1) Crumrin, Arthur, 1840 Atlas of Cass County Illinois,