Hannah J. Fredrickson1
F, #14900, (1902 - 1983)
- Reference: [14900:C]
- Birth*: 10 Apr 1902, Kennebec, SD.2
- Marriage*: 20 Dec 1920, Sterling Rodney Scroggins, Irene, Clay Co, SD.3
- Death*: 1 Oct 1983, Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan Co, WI.2,4
- Death-LstR: Oct 1983, Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan Co, WI, 53085, Last benefit same.5
- Burial*: Aft. 1 Oct 1983, Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan Co, WI.2
- Birth of son: 26 Apr 1921, Robert Merel Scroggins.5
- Birth of son: 17 Sep 1926, William Keith Scroggins.5
- Birth of son: 1 May 1928, Richard Byrd Scroggins, Irene, SD.6,7
- Birth of son: 19 Dec 1933, Donald Dean Scroggins, Kemp, Kaufman Co, TX.8
- Mother of Groom: 10 Feb 1949, Richard Byrd Scroggins and Shirley Jean Turek, Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan Co, WI.7,9
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Hannah Scroggins," SSN: 389-20-7072, issued: WI.5
- Mother of Groom: 1966, Donald Dean Scroggins and Gloria M. Cook.10
- Obituary (Deceased Mother): Of Donald Dean Scroggins, 2 Apr 2004, Donald D. Scroggins, Eagle Record, Traverse City, Grand Traverse Co, MI.10
- Name Variation: Josephine Fredrickson.
- Married Name: Hannah J. Scroggins (Fredrickson).
Children of Hannah J. Fredrickson & Sterling Rodney Scroggins
- Last Edited: 20 Jun 2008
- [S16] Loma Scroggins Patton (Lois Loma Scroggins), Scroggins Acres, p. 191.
- [S70] Ancestry.com, General search results, URL: www.ancestry.com, :
South Dakota Marriages, 1905-1949Name: Sterling Scroggins
Spouse: Hannah Fredericksen
Marriage Date: 4 Dec 1920
Marriage County: Clay
County of Residence: Clay
Post Office: Irene.
- [S2455] MN Dept. of Health, WI Death Index, 1959-1997 (MyFamily.com), Name: Hannah Josephine Scroggins
Death Date: 1 Oct 1983
Location: Sheboygan (May be abbreviated)
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.
- [S6] AnyBirthday, before 2005 (No longer online), RICHARD B SCROGGINS 01-MAY-28 54220 [9 Oct 2002].
- [S17] Lois Loma Scroggins Patton (Lois Loma Scroggins), Wars & Mr. Scroggins, p. 1:300.
- [S17] Lois Loma Scroggins Patton (Lois Loma Scroggins), Wars & Mr. Scroggins, p. 1:212.
- [S421] Raymond R. Howard, Database: "~AWT: 23284."
- [S1595] Obituary: Donald D. Scroggins (Donald Dean Scroggins), Record-Eagle, Traverse City, MI, 2 Apr 2004TRAVERSE CITY - Donald D. Scroggins, 70, of Traverse City, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, March 31, 2004, at Munson Medical Center in Traverse City. He was born on Dec. 19, 1933, in Kemp, Texas, the son of the late Sterling and Hannah (Fredrickson) Scroggins of Sheboygan Falls, Wis.
Donald grew up in Wisconsin and graduated from Sheboygan Falls High School. After graduation, he served his country as a Marine during the Korean Conflict.
In 1956, he moved to the Grand Traverse Region, where he began working for Super Tool in Elk Rapids. He enjoyed the outdoors and would frequently be found hunting, fishing, bowling and riding motorcycles.
In 1966, he married Gloria Cook of Muskegon. Together, they had three children who survive, Vicki (Greg) Scroggins-Johnson of Ann Arbor, Jeffrey (Angel) Scroggins of Williamsburg and Debra Scroggins of Grawn.
Later in life, Donald was a dedicated employee of Tower Automotive of Traverse City.
Donald was a devoted family man and community member. He enjoyed helping others and bringing cheer to those less fortunate. After the death of his wife, Gloria, in 1997, he began writing poetry to share his experiences and remind everyone of the value of each day. You could always find him with a poem or two, ready to share.
In addition to his children, Donald is also survived by six grandchildren; and two brothers, Richard Scroggins of Manitowoc, Wis., and Charles Scroggins of Sheboygan Falls, Wis.
He was preceded in death by his brother, William, in 1997; and his brother, Robert, in 2001.
Visitation will be held today, April 2, 2004, from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m., at Covell Funeral Home in Elk Rapids. Funeral services will take place at 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 3, 2004, also at the funeral home, with Pastor Tamara Williams officiating.
Contributions may be made to V.F.W. Post 170 in Traverse City or V.F.W. Post 114 in Elk Rapids. Envelopes are available at the funeral home.
Arrangements have been entrusted to the Elk Rapids Chapel of Covell Funeral Homes.