M, #919, b. 1797
- James Brown was born in 1797 at Glemsford, Suffolk, England.
- He married Hannah Oakley, daughter of Jarmin Oakley and Ann Wordley, on 21 October 1826 at St Mary's Church, Churchgate, Glemsford, Suffolk, England; James is noted as a widower.
- James Brown was an agricultural labourer circa 6 June 1841.
- He and Hannah Oakley appeared on the 1841 British Census of Glemsford, Suffolk, enumerated 6 June 1841. Their children Elizabeth and Maria were listed as living with them.
- James Brown was an agricultural labourer circa 30 March 1851.
- He and Hannah Oakley appeared on the 1851 British Census of Glemsford, Suffolk, at Egremont Street, enumerated 30 March 1851.